Discovery Plus

If you mean Hulu Live and YTTV, both of their sub numbers are up, 3rd quarter was reported YTTV gained 500,000 and now over 3 million, Hulu Live is now over 4 million.

Unlike your DirecTV which lost another 600,000 subs last quarter.
I really don't care that D* is losing subs ... they have been losing subs for the last 8 years at least.
Guess what, its still here and making plenty of money for the owners.

Btw, it's not MY D*, I don't own it nor do I have any stock in it.

I am glad I don't have some of yalls problems when it comes to streaming services. I sub, I cancel, I resub. No issues. In the years I have had any of them, I have not called a single one.

I had to deal with sat customer service far more often to deal with issues, or to make deals on pricing.
Your right ... there is NO negotiating with Streaming services.

Netflix won't even take your money ... (unless you want to go to the store and get gift cards, who makes you go elsewhere just to give them money ?)

I talked with Netflix the other day ... I use Netflix more than the rest, so I wanted to pay them for a year .. (it use to be under $100, not any more)
So I said, hey guys, I don't like monthly bills, I'd like to pay you upfront for the year, the top package because I want 4k, why it has to be the most expensive package to get that, I don't know, but it is ... so I say, what does my bill look like for the year .... including tax it's about $230 ....
They didn't want it ... they have no way to take the money like 99.9% of other businesses.

They suggest getting gift cards from somewhere and put money on the account that way ...
Unbelievable in this day and age.

Every 5 minutes it’s a commercial for discovery plus.

If we are already subscribed to discovery, then this should be included at no extra cost.

This is bad as CBS all access forcing us to subscribe if we want to see the new Star Trek episodes.

We already pay for CBS as part of our locals package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right ... there is NO negotiating with Streaming services.

Netflix won't even take your money ... (unless you want to go to the store and get gift cards, who makes you go elsewhere just to give them money ?)

I talked with Netflix the other day ... I use Netflix more than the rest, so I wanted to pay them for a year .. (it use to be under $100, not any more)
So I said, hey guys, I don't like monthly bills, I'd like to pay you upfront for the year, the top package because I want 4k, why it has to be the most expensive package to get that, I don't know, but it is ... so I say, what does my bill look like for the year .... including tax it's about $230 ....
They didn't want it ... they have no way to take the money like 99.9% of other businesses.

They suggest getting gift cards from somewhere and put money on the account that way ...
Unbelievable in this day and age.
Well, that wasn't my point really. I was saying I haven't needed to call them for issues, and if I want to make a deal on pricing, I can cut them off and add them back at will. ;)

As to them not taking your money, sure they do. They may not offer a yearly payment option, but does sat or cable either?

You can however pay them directly, I have been doing it for years. It is automatic, and requires zero effort on my part unless I want to cancel them for a month or so.

Well, that wasn't my point really. I was saying I haven't needed to call them for issues, and if I want to make a deal on pricing, I can cut them off and add them back at will. ;)

As to them not taking your money, sure they do. They may not offer a yearly payment option, but does sat or cable either?

You can however pay them directly, I have been doing it for years. It is automatic, and requires zero effort on my part unless I want to cancel them for a month or so.
Turning the service off and then back on isn't getting you a deal on pricing ....

I can call D* and tell them I want to pay them for the year and they will make me an offer .... I will be doing that next month.

Of course you can, but doing that leaves your Credit Card on file and they take it out every month, I'd rather not leave cards on file.

I much prefer to pay whenI have the extra money than have these type of bills coming in monthly.

Reactions: olds403

If we are already subscribed to discovery, then this should be included at no extra cost.

This is bad as CBS all access forcing us to subscribe if we want to see the new Star Trek episodes.

If CBS or NBC ABC and Fox had their way you would not have broadcast networks at all but would pay them directly for their programming. This is the first step to sidestep the affiliates.

Turning the service off and then back on isn't getting you a deal on pricing ....

I can call D* and tell them I want to pay them for the year and they will make me an offer .... I will be doing that next month.

Of course you can, but doing that leaves your Credit Card on file and they take it out every month, I'd rather not leave cards on file.

I much prefer to pay whenI have the extra money than have these type of bills coming in monthly.
Buy Gift Cards and stock up then, if you do not want to go to any of the many stores that sells them, then buy them at Amazon, you can get either Physical or Digital redeemable cards.

That is what I do, used to buy them and stock up when they went on sale, now I use the bonus points from Amazon and Capital One cards to purchase them, the only service I pay $$$ for is Disney+ ( bought the 3 year plan at $140), Discovery+ and soon HBO MAX ( they no longer sell Gift Cards and my carry over balance from HBO NOW ends in March).

With my Gift Card loophole, I will be only paying roughy $30 a month for TV content and I have You Tube TV, Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Discovery ( for the wife), Disney and HBO, my total costs with Broadband is only $130 a month which is close to what most pay for DirecTV.

What’s the big deal about having a credit card on file?

Credit cards are the most secure way of making a payment, and if your compromised, just file a claim with the card issuer, its the banks money not yours. To get the pay in advance experience, just buy a $250 prepaid Visa or MasterCard and set Netflix to automatically bill to that and forget about it for a year. The end result is the same. If your paranoid about your credit card number, some banks offer virtual credit card numbers where you set the limit and the expiration.

I decided to spend the extra $2 for commercial free, same for CBS and Hulu.

Reactions: Jimbo and Bobby
That is the rip off, if I am paying for service there should be no commercials.
Agreed, but do feel the same for Traditional Providers( Dish and the like), if you use your DVR a lot to avoid commercials, then you are paying the DVR fee to do that.

Reactions: TheKrell
The DVR fee, as well as modem fees and box rental fees are just them double dipping.
I again agree, those charges are some of the reasons why I left Traditional Providers, also Local Channels Fees, RSN Fees, etc.

I kept pointing out to Comcast if they are charging extra for those channels at least give me the option not to get them, no go of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)