Discovery to air HD NASA documentary

Those recording by the PG time might have missed a very cool countdown that started a minute or so before the scheduled time.

Those recording by the PG time might have missed a very cool countdown that started a minute or so before the scheduled time.

I recommend the 1am EDT repeat or the Saturday 6/14 repeat and set 1 minute early and 1 minute late.

The footage of the first U.S. spacewalk is un_____ believable ! :eek:

Watching the second episode right now. This documentary is outstanding! :up :up

Dang it! I missed recording these. Can someone list what your recordings are titled and the episode #? I tried to Record All episodes and my 622 came up with these-

The Explorers - Episode 16 Original Air Date 06-15-08
Home In Space - Ep 7 Orig Air Date 06-22-08
The Shuttle - Ep 6 Orig Air Date 06-22-08

It seems I am missing the first episode "Friends and Rivals". It's listed on the Discovery website as re-airing on 06/22, but it's not listed in the guide on my 622. Looks like there's a Mythbusters marathon in the 622 guide, while on the Discovery website, looks like they are replaying all 3 episodes of When We Left Earth on 06/22. Also no episode named "The Shuttle" on the Discovery website. Anyone have the correct info? Do I need to set a manual timer?
Thanks!

The episode numbers are bogus, ignore them.

The one hour episodes are bogus, ignore them.

The two hour eps are:

- Pt 1 of 3 - Friends and Rivals
- Pt 2 of 3 - The Explorers
- Pt 3 of 3 - Home In Space

(the one hour eps are just the first hour of the two hour eps - but they never show the second hour as one hour eps)

Thanks, but what about the differences in the DISH programming guide and the Discovery website schedule for 06/22? Any ideas?

I sure would like to get the first 2 hour episode recorded.

Thanks, but what about the differences in the DISH programming guide and the Discovery website schedule for 06/22? Any ideas?

Either the Dish Guide is correct, or else the Discovery web site is correct, or maybe both are wrong.

PS If it is like anything else on Discovery channels, it will be repeated endlessly over the next year or two...

I sure would like to get the first 2 hour episode recorded.
The Dish Guide now says:

- First 2 hour Part at 5pm EDT on 6/22
- Second 2 hour Part at 7pm EDT on 6/22
- Third 2 hour Part at 9pm EDT on 6/22 (premier showing)
- Third 2 hour Part at 11pm EDT on 6/22 (repeat showing)

So they are repeating the first 2 parts right before showing the final part.

Just finished the last one... I have Challenger video on VHS from the actual launch but this episode brought it all back... also have footage from before Columbia hit the coastline until it was determined it was lost from NASA select on dvr from a dvr... chilling.

The episode numbers are bogus, ignore them.

The one hour episodes are bogus, ignore them.

The two hour eps are:

- Pt 1 of 3 - Friends and Rivals
- Pt 2 of 3 - The Explorers
- Pt 3 of 3 - Home In Space

(the one hour eps are just the first hour of the two hour eps - but they never show the second hour as one hour eps)
On my external HD I have the three two hour episodes you listed and also two one hour episodes "Ordinary Supermen" and "Landing the Eagle" - these are the first hour of two of the longer ones and can be safely deleted, if I understand you correctly.

Sorry to be so obtuse, but this is a really great show, but I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet and I would hate to delete the wrong thing.

Yes, all you need is the three 2-hour episodes. Just make sure all three are different. ;)