Diseqc 4x1 switch and how does it work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I tried to do a search, but got WAY too many results :shocked

Is there anything that needs to be done on the receiver when you connect eh switch in place with more than one LNB? When I first installed the dish and stuff on the roof, I had the switch in place and it worked OK. Now that I have the dish out in the open and added the second LNB, and got the switch installed, the dish just pans back and forth. It looked more like a radar dish than a satellite dish. :no

the switch goes between the LNB's and the motor

It just allows you to "switch" to the other LNB

Iceberg said:
the switch goes between the LNB's and the motor

It just allows you to "switch" to the other LNB

between? so is it waterproof? That would sure make things easier as far as cabling.

most of the good ones are. I've had one that the back looked rusted but she works like a champ :)

Survived 2 MN winters

Ahh good, thanks for the info! I noticed it was sealed with silicone, I can slap some more on it before mounting it. This will certainly make cabling the BUD much easier, I will just need to run the RG6 to the switch then instead of another cable run to the house. All I would need to run to the house then would be the wiring for the servo and positioner.

One more ting, (sound like Jackie Chans uncle) I bought the QPH-031 LNB. Is there any advantage to connecting all the outputs to one reciever?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)