Dish 1000.2 and 118

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

myvoip07

Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
US
I have Dish 1000.2 turbo HD with triple LNB(110,119,129). I want to subscribe to international programming on 118.

Can Dish 1000.2 be upgraded to support 118 or 1000.2 will have to be replaced with Dish 1000+ with Linear Dual LNB(eye shaped)(118+119) and 1 LNB for 110 and 129 each?

If i subscribe to International programming package on 118, will Dish sent the installer to upgrade to Dish 1000+ ? Will i be charged for the upgrade? Only 6 months in 2yrs contract

Suggestions from experts and DN CSR's
Thanks in advance

Ask DISH Network how they will treat you. As you might imagine, not many of us have recently obtained International channels.

More than likely they will do the installation for free but saddle you with a commitment of some sort.

A 1000.2 dish would not be able to carry all the satellites required. Assuming you want to keep your previous satellites, a 1000+ dish w/ DP Dual would be put in along with a D500 w/ DP 500 Plus. To get you all the channels they will add-on the 118.7 and 77 birds to the install along with your current 119/110/129 setup. As for pricing and commitments, I would have to look at the account specifically. If you can PM me your account # then I can check that out for you.

Ask DISH Network how they will treat you. As you might imagine, not many of us have recently obtained International channels.
More than likely they will do the installation for free but saddle you with a commitment of some sort.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah i am hoping they do the upgrade free without any commitment. I still have like 18 months left in my 2yrs contract.

I want to subscribe to international programming on 118.

Can Dish 1000.2 be upgraded to support 118 or 1000.2 will have to be replaced with Dish 1000+ with Linear Dual LNB(eye shaped)(118+119) and 1 LNB for 110 and 129 each?

If i subscribe to International programming package on 118, will Dish sent the installer to upgrade to Dish 1000+ ? Will i be charged for the upgrade? Only 6 months in 2yrs contract

To keep the 110/119/129 satellites and get international it would need an upgrade to a 1000+ and a 500+ setup to bring in the additional 118.7/77 orbits to ensure you get all international programming. As for pricing and commitments can I can definitely check into that for you just send me a pm with the account #.

Most internationals come off the 118.7, but since a few of them do come off the 77 orbit we would need to put up the 500+ to bring it in.
This answer is why many of us have little confidence in the DISH employees posting here and DBS talk. There is no way that a dish 500+ can see both 118.7 and 77. Now maybe a dish 1000+ combined with a straight 500 or 300 could see 77. Your answer has your foot in your mouth no way 1000+ and a 500+.

To keep the 110/119/129 satellites and get international it would need an upgrade to a 1000+ and a 500+ setup to bring in the additional 118.7/77 orbits to ensure you get all international programming. As for pricing and commitments can I can definitely check into that for you just send me a pm with the account #.
Yes, i would need to keep 110/119/129 sat, plus add 118.7 only cause the International channels(Asian) i would like to subscribe are all on 118.7 only. I will check and see if i can PM you or any other way i can contact you?

I can not help you with your contract question, but I'll just add to satellite question. To stay with a one dish solution, your 1000.2 would preferably be replaced with a 1000+ dish to obtain 118.7 in addition to your current 110, 119 and 129 connected through a DPP44 switch. This will get all four orbitals with just ONE dish, not two or three. I'm not really sure what TommyF from Dish is saying that you'll need an orbital at 77. The international channels that are on that orbital are primarily Spanish and already mirrored on either 110 or 119. In addition, the reason that a "plus" dish is required for 118.7 is that bird is an FSS satellite requiring the dual band LNB that is only available on the plus dish. All other orbital locations are DBS and can be received by all other E* dish types and E* LNBs, so a 500+ dish would never be required for the 77 orbital.

Thanks for the update, folks. You'll got all my questions answered. Time to work with Matt to get the upgrade :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts