Dish 1000.2 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

guzz64

Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
USA
In order to clear the roofline of my house using the standard installation kit with this dish I need the pole to be longer after the elbow up. Can I just bend a piece of pipe giving myself the longer end? I probably need another foot to clear the roof after coming from beneath the eave of my house. Will this make the dish too unstable in windy conditions?

I figured a piece of rigid conduit would be sufficient for the task.

Due to the direction the dish needs to face, it will be in the way no matter where I put it along the roof. With the tree line in the back, I need the height to clear the trees.....

Keep the mount straight and plumb or you won't be able to zero it in... secure it as best as you can and as strong as you can and let it go.

Dish 1000.2

I am trying to point my Dish 1000.2 . I get strong signal on 110, 119 and then 129 says it is locked on 110 west. How can I lock on 110 with both 110 and 129 lnbs?

aimming

Put a piece of tin foil on the outside lnb's center one is 119, then lock in 119 to highest sig, take off foil , adjust skew you are done. Some times you hit the wrong sat with the wrong lnb if you don't cover them up. IMO

I have the single lnb with triple. It says 119 is on left, 110 in middle, and 129 onright.

but if I cover all but 119 then do skew I should be good?

I know East coast settings should be Skewed at 129, elevation should be 29 to 30 and you should just need to turn right to left to hit all 3. 119 should be around 80 on Transponder 15 then check the others and you should be locked right on.

Will try to explain

Because 119 is in the middle, skew will not affect it, that is why you dial that in first. then when you skew the dish or make it ka ka. the other two sats will come in when the skew is correct use transponder 21, that way you can check 110, 119, 129 just by changing the sat on the menu. If you are locked you should see a signal on all three on transponder 21. Try it. BTW there is no skew on a signal, when you set the skew the center stays the same and the outsides move up and down.

Guzz64, based on your zip code, these are your correct numbers for a 1000.2:

Elevation: 32.1°
Azimuth (true): 221.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 224.4° (almost directly southwest)
Dish Skew: 119.2°

Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/DISH_1000.2_Installation_Guide_(_151255)[4].pdf

Very important to clear the switch matrix in the receiver. To do this, unhook the coax from the receiver labeled SAT IN, then run a chech switch and save.

I am still having issues getting all 3 satalites to show. I find 110 and 119 but not 129.
I used a piece of foil and found covering the far right horn on the lnb does not block any signal. Covering the middle horn blocks 110, and covering the far left blocks 119. Can someone suggest where I may be going wrong.

I am still having issues getting all 3 satalites to show. I find 110 and 119 but not 129.
I used a piece of foil and found covering the far right horn on the lnb does not block any signal. Covering the middle horn blocks 110, and covering the far left blocks 119. Can someone suggest where I may be going wrong.
drop your elevation 4 degrees and slowly nudge back to the west :)

in a related question...

I'm swapping out my 500 Twin with a 1000.2. The DISH install manual shows the LNB close up diagram with the connectors beneath the LNBs labeled 129, 119, 110 and LNB in.

Coax is shown connected to each of the first three and snaked through the arm, down the mast and "to Receiver(s)." If I am connecting this directly to my two receivers and those output connectors are ONLY carrying signal from the satellites indicated, how will I get all signals on all receivers?

What am I missing?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Bill

The simple answer is there is a built-in switch in the 1000.2 that combines the three satellites so each output has access to them. The labeling must refer to the LNBFs, not the connectors, with the exception of the LNB in.

I would get some heavy gauge pipe rather than conduit. I am using the 10' pipe that I used for my 9' C band dish. It has about 1/4" wall thickness. It has a couple cubic feet of concrete and a mounting fixture below grade level. My dish is not going anywhere.

Edit 1: Boy is my estimate of the pipe diameter off, it is 3 1/2" diameter and the wall thickness is 3/16".
All I know is that I had to move my big dish to have my pool installed. I took the C band dish down myself and dug up and moved the mast.
Along with the concrete the mast and ground mount were very heavy. I chipped the concrete off and it was still quite heavy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)