Dish 1000.2 Installation Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tim94111

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Hello

I am trying to install a Dish 1000.2 and Hopper with Sling. I am able to get good signals for 119 and 110 (60+ on the meter), but nothing at all for 129.

When pointing the dish I covered the 110 and 129 LBNs with aluminum foil to block those signals to make sure it was truly pointed at 119. I did the same for 110 (covered 119 and 129).

If I am getting good signals for 110 and 119, shouldn't I get at lease something for 129...a blip? Maybe the 129 LBN is bad?

The installation screen on the Hopper shows three green check marks for the three tuners on 129 and it says "Reception Verified," but nothing on the signal meter. I should add that the receiver has not yet been activated with Dish.

I've installed two or three Dish Network setups over the years, and have limited experience and knowledge. I think I've gotten lucky in the past that the installations have worked.

Anyway, thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated.

Tim

Hello

I am trying to install a Dish 1000.2 and Hopper with Sling. I am able to get good signals for 119 and 110 (60+ on the meter), but nothing at all for 129.

When pointing the dish I covered the 110 and 129 LBNs with aluminum foil to block those signals to make sure it was truly pointed at 119. I did the same for 110 (covered 119 and 129).

If I am getting good signals for 110 and 119, shouldn't I get at lease something for 129...a blip? Maybe the 129 LBN is bad?

The installation screen on the Hopper shows three green check marks for the three tuners on 129 and it says "Reception Verified," but nothing on the signal meter. I should add that the receiver has not yet been activated with Dish.

I've installed two or three Dish Network setups over the years, and have limited experience and knowledge. I think I've gotten lucky in the past that the installations have worked.

Anyway, thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated.

Tim

Signal meters are slow. Try different transponders and try your tilt.

119 is on the left hand not in the center LNB you are out 10º

Ummm, The 119 is in the center of the lnb cluster.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 2.35.30 PM.png

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
My guess would be the 129 is blocked by something on the horizon. Remember it comes in considerably lower than 119. Been out of the business for a few years but that's where I'd start. If you're positive there's no obstruction try and slowly raise or lower your elevation. A couple degrees could make all the difference.

If you ran the Switch Check and got three green checks, then I would go with an obstruction on 129. A light branch can allow 129 to be found but block a decodable satellite signal.

Reactions: pattykay
He is not running check switch. The installation screen is showing him that all 3 hopper tuners are getting signal, but apparently from only 2 satellites .
Probably some obstacle is blocking the signal, or he is getting wrong satellites.

Run "check switch" and see what is showing there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)