Dish 1000.2 LNB Input Port

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
So I just got this spiffy new dish 1000.2 antenna, i have AT250 and HD now. I see that there is another input port on the LNB to hook up another dish pointing to some other sat location. If I hook up another dish to the extra port is there any sat I can point at to get more channels (without having to buy anything more of course)? (i dont sub to locals as my antenna works fine or foreign pgms )

Thanks in Advance

So I just got this spiffy new dish 1000.2 antenna, i have AT250 and HD now. I see that there is another input port on the LNB to hook up another dish pointing to some other sat location. If I hook up another dish to the extra port is there any sat I can point at to get more channels (without having to buy anything more of course)? (i dont sub to locals as my antenna works fine or foreign pgms )

Thanks in Advance

sure pick your poison, 61.5 or 148 ( depending on Location):)

Going by your screenname, I'm guessing you live in Ohio? LOL

With that hefty assumption, you do have some options. If you get a Dish 500, you can point it at the 61.5 slot and receive some additional international programming as well as the HD programming that you currently receive on the 129 bird

webby, yes I am in Ohio, can I see the 148 slot from here? 65 is on the other side of my house, not to practical.

Thanks

webby, yes I am in Ohio, can I see the 148 slot from here? 65 is on the other side of my house, not to practical.

Thanks
The HD channels are not mirrored off 148, its mostly foreign programming. There is a Korean channel 652 that is in the clear and has some dramas with English subtitles and although TV Japan is a paid channel a lot of its news programs are free to view. Over all though I doubt you'd find much on it that would make it worth the extra trouble assuming you could in fact pick it up

The only clear advantage you'll get with the 61.5 is that your HD channels will come in a bit stronger versus the current 129 orbital slot you are using. Usually a 25 point difference is what I'm seeing during my installs (85 versus 110.

And as you stated, it sometimes isn't all that practical OR aesthetically pleasing to have two dishes on your home.

Finally, I really really doubt you'll have a line of site for the 148. Not exactly sure what the elevation is....maybe 10 degrees or less.

I think there are also some other channels as well: The Pentagon Channel, Classic Arts Showcase, Good Samaritan Network and some others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)