Dish 1000.2 Signal Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
Two days ago we started having signal loss issues on our 1000.2 setup with 110, 119, and 129. We started getting the complete signal loss screen off and on, then last night it went out completely. I did a self install a year ago and everything has worked fine until lately. I thought maybe the dish needed a tweak since it hadnt been done since the install and the triple LNB is pretty heavy. I put the receiver on signal strength and went outside to move the dish a little and the wife said we have a signal. I figured I would go outside today and do a complete alignment as I have an old 301 IRD and take a small TV right out to my install. So I hooked everything up and am getting nothing for signal on 119 as I scroll up all the transponders, and on 110 I am getting an OK signal, 50 on the bar, on about 6 even transponders. It doesnt look like anything on the rest. I didnt even try 129. I removed the LNB and hooked a new cable on it and ran to my setup with the same results. With this information does it sound like my 1002 triple LNB has taken a dump?? The reason I'm saying is the signal is good on a few even transponders but nothing else. On the ones that get the signal I moved the pan back and forth and up and down without loosening anything and the signal went down so it seems its aligned good yet. If there is anything else I could try or any other advice I would appreciate the help. I have installed and kept up my dish setup for a number of years so feel pretty confidant I know what I'm doing....thanks

Sounds to me like the lnb has failed if you are only getting even transponders and no odd ones. You might need to get a replacement lnb sent to your home from DISH or buy one off the internet. Just make sure that you get western arc lnb and not hybrid western arc lnb. Unless you do have a hopper 3 receiver.

Update, kinda crazy but after my checkout yesterday I came indoors and everything working as before my signal loss. Watched on and off during the day and pretty much solid last night..

I did order a new triple LNB yesterday just in case, it didnt say hybrid so hope it isnt.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
301 receivers no longer work.
Didnt think about that boba, last year when I used the 301 to tune it worked well. With all the encoding changes since then will the 301 not show any signal for most transponders?? As stated in my original post there were 6 I think even transponders on 110 that gave me a signal on the 301, none on 119....

Didnt think about that boba, last year when I used the 301 to tune it worked well. With all the encoding changes since then will the 301 not show any signal for most transponders?? As stated in my original post there were 6 I think even transponders on 110 that gave me a signal on the 301, none on 119....
Thanks to the QPSK transition there just aren't any signals for the old DISH receivers to see..

Thanks to the QPSK transition there just aren't any signals for the old DISH receivers to see..
Must be a few yet on 110 as I did receive a decent signal on about 5-6 transponders, but yes most are kaputski...

Got my new 1000.2 LNB today, plan on taking a number of readings from my VIP-211K for the 3 sats with my present LNB and compare to the new one once I install it.

If it's an identical LNB do I need to do a check switch after swapping??

Got my new 1000.2 LNB today, plan on taking a number of readings from my VIP-211K for the 3 sats with my present LNB and compare to the new one once I install it.

If it's an identical LNB do I need to do a check switch after swapping??
I'd donthe checkswitch as a matter if course. when you change someting in the system it is good to make sure all is fine.

I'd donthe checkswitch as a matter if course. when you change someting in the system it is good to make sure all is fine.
Yes kinda figured as much as it doesnt take very long. Never know what changes have been deployed since last check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts