Dish 1000.2/vip722 only sees 2 sats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

costak

Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Canada
Hi all,

first post here, hopefully I am posting on the right area.

I have a vip722 and a 1000.2 dish (with that triple lnbf that is in one piece...ie not three different lnbs to you connect individually to the dish). For the life of me I cannot get the receiver to see more than 2 different locations.
I can either get 110 and 119 or 119 and 129. I had two different installers come in and re-align it multiple times.
Right now (seeing only 110 and 119) and after running check switch/test, it shows 110 on port 1 and 119 on port 3. Port 2 shows connected and no signal.
When I was getting 119 and 129 it was showing 129 on port 1 and 119 on port 2. Port 3 was showing connected and no signal.

Both installers said that it shows 129 on their equipment so they think there is something wrong with the receiver or the dish itself.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix it?

your settings are off and you are receiving the sats on the wrong lnb. cover the 110 lnb (the one furthest to the right when behind the dish) on your dish and see if you still get 110.
if you do you are receiving it on the wrong lnb.

you should have
119 port 1
110 port 2
129 port 3

you will probably need to lower the elevation and turn 10 degrees to the right.

yep. aimed wrong would be my guess. although, im curious as to why the installers werent able to fix it, equipment or not.

Set the skew and elevation. Cover the outer LNBs with foil and locate 119W with the center LNB. Unfoil the outer LNBs and run a check switch. If you don't then have 110 and 129, adjust the elevation and possibly skew. You'll have to use dishpointer.com to get your settings.

Thank you for the ideas guys. I will give those a shot.

And no, none of them were E* installers. I dont think any of them would want to make a trip all the way up north :)

pointing 1000.2 dish

What installers do in the USA is point the dish directly at sat 119. You will need a sat finder probably for this. Get the signal as high as you can on sat 119. Then run the c/s test. The correct "matrix" is 110, 119, 129 in that order. If you think about it while you are looking south or sw, behind the dish, 110 is on your left shoulder, 119 is your nose 129 is your right shoulder. The reason you max 119 is that it is 9 degrees from 110 and 10 degrees from 129, a matter of maybe an inch in pointing. Also before you repoint, clearr the old matrix since it shows an incorrect result in memory. Simply disconnect the cable coming from the dish, run the c/s test and get all xxx's then reconnect the cable and rerun the test. That should work.
When I lived in Canada I bought my illegal Direct TV system from constables!;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts