Dish 1000.2 WA install help

scoob83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
CT
Hi, this is my first time here. I would appreciate any kind of assistance on two things:

1. I am trying to install a dish for my workshop a few hundred feet from my house. I added the receiver to my account and I bought a 1000.2 WA dish and the VIP 211z receiver. I am able to lock on sats 119 and 129 but not 110. Signal strength is in the low 30s on 129 and low 40s on 119 but nothing on 110. When change the satellite to 110 on the point dish screen it is picking up sat 129. Looking for suggestions on what I need to adjust. I am thinking it's the skew, but not sure if it should be up for down. I'm in ZIP code 06095 and using 221 for elevation and 129 for skew. The signal strengths also seem a little low in general.

2. The check switch screen shows:
Port 1 - 129 - ok
Port 2 - 119 - ok
Port 3 - Conn - X

It's also showing the switch is "Hybrid Triple WA.2" This has me worried the company shipped me the wrong dish for the VIP 211z receiver. I'm able to watch tv fine the way things are, but I am missing a lot of channels that are on the 110 satellite.

Thanks so much for any assistance/guidance. It is greatly appreciated!

Swing your dish to the east about 10 degrees. You're pointed at 129, instead of your target which is 119.

Hi all, thanks so much for your help it took a bit but I finally got all three satellites. I think it took so long because the VIP211z receiver got confused and once I re-ran the check switch it picked up all three sats.

My issue now is signal strength. I am aiming the dish in somewhat of a hole in tree cover. Here are my signal strengths:

110 - Transponder 11 - 68
119 - Transponder 11 - 62 (jumps to 74 on trans 16)
129 - Transponder 11 - 32 (pretty consistent on other transponders)

I am getting all my channels fine, occasionally it takes an extra try to get the HD when the receiver defaults to SD. My question is - what should I tweak to improve the signal strength, particularly on 129? I'm afraid to do too much because it took so long just to get this far. As a reminder, I'm in CT, ZIP 06095.

Also, here are my check switch results - is this the order they should be in?

1-119
2-110
3-129

Considering your location, your local channels are from Hartford. Your HD locals are on EA. Is there a reason why you are using WA for your workshop? What satellites does your main house receive? 129 is where most of the HD programming is at on WA and your signal level is low there. That is why you are dropping to SD a lot.

Thanks all. I did some fine tuning this morning and got an extra 10 points added to the signal strength for 129, but I max out there. I adjusted the elevation up ever so slightly and the azimuth a hair to the east.

Thanks all. I did some fine tuning this morning and got an extra 10 points added to the signal strength for 129, but I max out there. I adjusted the elevation up ever so slightly and the azimuth a hair to the east.
That extra 10 points will make a large difference to the positive.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts