Dish 1000.4 and Future Upgrades

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I just had a conversion to Eastern Arc because of LOS issues with 119. I now have lines coming out of the dish which feed a 622 in single mode and 722 in dual mode. I am considering upgrading the lone SD set to HD. What would i need to do this? obviously I need a third HD receiver and I assume a separator but what else would I need?

justa note the installer insists I have no switch now. I am not sure that this is correct.

A run of RG6 from the third LNB output to wherever the third receiver would be.
You could use HDMI or Component from one of the receivers to the new HDTV IF you don't mind both TV's seeing the same channel/recording.

The installer is correct, you don't have an external switch. The eastern arc dish has the switch built into its lnb. It can supply up to three dual tuner receivers without an external switch. All you need to do to add a third receiver is run a cable from the new receiver to the third output connection on the lnb.

Thanks. I was almost hoping fora switch since that might beeqasier to get to than the dish itself. But I apprecaite the responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)