Dish 1000.4 Question

dbonney

Original poster
May 29, 2008
The easter arc with the dish 1000.4 would solve ny problem with reception on the east coast. However, if I travel with my RV will I be able to use the 1000.4 to receive the western arc satellite or will this require a different dish. If so, how can I receive both easter and western arc with the least amount of equipment to carry in the Rv. Thanks for your comments.

Eastern Arc & Western Arc

I can't find the specific post right now, but within the past week or two there was an explanation of the 2 Arcs. Basically you can't see and/or receive both with the same dish. The Eastern Arc will be comprised of 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°, will on be in MPEG4, require a smart card and a ViP receiver. The Western Arc will be 110°, 119° and 129°.

I found it:

Go to Scott's post at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/1488366-post106.html and download the EA_JOB_AID.pdf with all the facts.

The easter arc with the dish 1000.4 would solve ny problem with reception on the east coast. However, if I travel with my RV will I be able to use the 1000.4 to receive the western arc satellite or will this require a different dish. If so, how can I receive both easter and western arc with the least amount of equipment to carry in the Rv. Thanks for your comments.

I think the 1000.4 dish is strictly for EA. Its a rather large eliptical dish and might be cumbersome to carry in your RV. Also If HD is not a priority in the RV won't a Dish500 work as well for you. Then again if you want to spend about $1700 winegard has a new dish called Travlr that handles HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts