Dish 1000.4 Testing

k1wy-bill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2007
W.Hartford CT
Hi Guys,

I just set up a Dish 1000.4 here at the house. Now, I have 4 Vip211s running on 110/119 and 61.5 dishes (legacy). I want to play around with the Eastern Arc for the fun of it. Any problems disconnecting one of the receivers and feeding it from the 1000.4 setup. I assume I'll need to run switch check etc.

Thanks for any ideas or cautions.

Hi Guys,

I just set up a Dish 1000.4 here at the house. Now, I have 4 Vip211s running on 110/119 and 61.5 dishes (legacy). I want to play around with the Eastern Arc for the fun of it. Any problems disconnecting one of the receivers and feeding it from the 1000.4 setup. I assume I'll need to run switch check etc.

I wouldn't think so. You'll just have two separate setups, no big deal. Make sure you have the update smart cards or the receivers with the new cards built in since EA has been on the new encryption system from the start.

Thanks Digi,

I got new smartcards back in January so all the 211's are set.

I didn't think it would cause any trouble but thought I better check.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

the 211's MUST be eastern arc compliant.
The best way is to go ahead and hook one up and see if it works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts