Dish 1000/622 install went smooth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Guy showed up today within an hour of the window and got to work.

I explained how I wanted things setup and he even said he could stick it on the chimey behind a peak in the roof so you'd never see it unless you look for it. The other guy shoved it right where the wires came out.

He ran the extra wire, hooked everything up, traced the lines and installed a SD box and a 622 to my main TV and via COAX to my secondary TV.

Went smooth and the 622 is pretty nice. Nice clean install and no BS.

mine too

My installation went well today also. Intallation was scheduled between 8am and 12pm. Tech showed up at 9:00am exactly. I heard the knock on the door and being half asleep, jumped out of bed to open the door. I did not want to miss the scheduled installation date. He went to work and installed the dish 1000. I was kinda disappointed that he took my dish 500 cause I bought that system myself at costco. He activated the receiver and everything was working great. I did have one problem that bothered me though. The picture and sound is great coming out of TV 1 because I am using HDMI and optical audio. The problem i have is that TV 2's video is good, but the sound is very distorted and goes in and out. I'm not sure if its the coax cable that might be subpar, but I think I might try to connect it with the composite cables once I can purchase a long enough cable. Does anyone know of some good cables that they use on tv 2 and the sound has no problems? If so it would be greatly appreciated. Once I get this problem fixed I will cancel my cable, which gets more expensive every year and has terrible quality and channel selection. Thanks, I've been browsing these forums for a few months and have gotten many good tips from the users here.

capman said:
I was kinda disappointed that he took my dish 500 cause I bought that system myself at costco.

I'd call him back and tell him to return it if you want it. I've been wondering what their policy was on existing dishes. I'm sure it varies from installer to installer.

In my case, after April 1st, the $99 is supposed to provide a 622, a Dish 1000, professional installation and whatever hardware is necessary to make it work. I have a Dish 1000 I purchased myself already installed and working with my 921. I'm paying for an installation I don't need. From what I've heard, unless they at least certify the installation, your warrantee is void. So I'm stuck.

It seems like they should at least give me the new 1000 that everyone else gets. I'm sure they won't because they want to pocket the money themselves. In no way would they take my existing 1000. I'm already miffed about them taking my owned 921 and giving me a leased 622. After paying $1000 for my 921 and $116/month bill, this is getting to be quite an investment. In my opinion, they have no right to take owned equipment.

Today is my first day really playing with the 622.

I am beyond impressed. For the little extra I am paying for Dish over cable its easily worth the cost.

What impresses me the most is the sound quality on Rave and a few other channels. We have a pretty decent HT setup and this sounds phenomenal.

I ordered my HDMI cable today, hopefully no strange problems using the HDMI pass through on our Yahama RX-V2600. Using component right now and the video quality is decent. My old Motorola HD DVR didn't talk well with HDMI switches.

Got the DVR all setup and we'll see how it goes after it records a few things. I populated about 45 entries.

For what I see, and as long as they don't screw it up, its well worth it.

capman said:
Thanks, I've been browsing these forums for a few months and have gotten many good tips from the users here.

Welcome capman to SatelliteGuys. I know that I have learned so much from everyone here as well. Glad to have another member.

capman said:
My installation went well today also. Intallation was scheduled between 8am and 12pm. Tech showed up at 9:00am exactly. I heard the knock on the door and being half asleep, jumped out of bed to open the door. I did not want to miss the scheduled installation date. He went to work and installed the dish 1000. I was kinda disappointed that he took my dish 500 cause I bought that system myself at costco. He activated the receiver and everything was working great. I did have one problem that bothered me though. The picture and sound is great coming out of TV 1 because I am using HDMI and optical audio. The problem i have is that TV 2's video is good, but the sound is very distorted and goes in and out. I'm not sure if its the coax cable that might be subpar, but I think I might try to connect it with the composite cables once I can purchase a long enough cable. Does anyone know of some good cables that they use on tv 2 and the sound has no problems? If so it would be greatly appreciated. Once I get this problem fixed I will cancel my cable, which gets more expensive every year and has terrible quality and channel selection. Thanks, I've been browsing these forums for a few months and have gotten many good tips from the users here.
I do not remove the dish unless the cust asks me to take it..Most people don't want them .But IMO it is poor form to assume...call the install co. and get it back..It is your property....
on to the composite cable issue..Do some pricing...Let's say you need a 25 ft composite cable...Find out the cost. Then price out 75 ft of coax and 6 "F to RCA " adapters..Reason?. You can use RG-6 in a composite cable application.....
Problem could be the output on the receiver as well..To check, out put TV 2 to your main tv..If the pic is bad then the receiver has an issue..If not, it may be the connectors/ barrel splices in the wall plate(S) etc or the run of coax.....Just a guess, it's unlike the cable is bad..But in these cases if I'm on it I leave no stone unturned

dishcomm said:
I do not remove the dish unless the cust asks me to take it..Most people don't want them .But IMO it is poor form to assume...call the install co. and get it back..It is your property....
on to the composite cable issue..Do some pricing...Let's say you need a 25 ft composite cable...Find out the cost. Then price out 75 ft of coax and 6 "F to RCA " adapters..Reason?. You can use RG-6 in a composite cable application.....
Problem could be the output on the receiver as well..To check, out put TV 2 to your main tv..If the pic is bad then the receiver has an issue..If not, it may be the connectors/ barrel splices in the wall plate(S) etc or the run of coax.....Just a guess, it's unlike the cable is bad..But in these cases if I'm on it I leave no stone unturned

I have my TV2 cable going into a 3 way splitter and I have that signal going to 3 televisions. The picture is pretty bad and I wonder if it is because of the extra 2 televisions hooked up to the home distribution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts