Dish 1000 Dish to VIP622 Wiring

r0nhmv1

Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
DFW Texas
Have had Dish Network for several years. I bought a Dish 1000 Dish from dealer after having a 500 and 300 for several years. Having trouble getting a installer out to wire. How do I wire into my VIP 622 DVR Receiver? There are 3 outputs (heads) and I have 1 input into receiver now with a splitter.:)

It sounds like you actually have a Dish 1000.2 (one LNBF with three "eyes")... each of those ports is capable of sending signal to 1 dual or single tuner receiver....

Just connect the line that goes to the receiver to any of the OUT ports (if you look directly at the ports, the 3 leftmost are the OUT ports, the 4th, rightmost is the IN port used to connect another Dish to that LNBFs internal switch, when needed)

That "splitter" is called a Seperator, for future reference.... the LNBF you have combines 2 satellite signals on one cable... the seperator splits those signals to the 2 satellite ports on the back of your receiver to power your dual tuners.

Once you do that, run a Check Switch, let the receiver Lock on a satellite and exit out of the Point Dish screen.... it will download new software, at which point you can call to activate the receiver.... wait 20-30 minutes or so and you should be good to go.

Edit: This is assuming you have the dish pointed correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts