Dish 1000 Help?

hallbra

Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I have a Dish 1000 along with 2 VIP 211's and a VIP 622. I would like to add another standard definition receiver like a 311 or 301. Is this possbile? I have five dp34 switches, but my install guy said these would not work unless I got any dish to pick up HD channels. Could I use a different switch to avoid having to put up another dish?

Thanks for the help

What???

The 301/311 has absolutely nothing to do with HD since it is doesn't show HD channels.

I'm assuming that since you already have 3 HD receivers than you already have HD progamming on them.

Which Dish 1000 do you have (1K or 1K.2) and what kind of LNB/switches are currently in the system?

If you don't know, go into your menu, select 6-1-3. That will put you into your system info screen. In the middle of it will be shown your satellites and your LNB/switches.

I have a Dish 1000 along with 2 VIP 211's and a VIP 622. I would like to add another standard definition receiver like a 311 or 301. Is this possbile? I have five dp34 switches, but my install guy said these would not work unless I got any dish to pick up HD channels. Could I use a different switch to avoid having to put up another dish?

Thanks for the help

So for those 3 receivers you have a 1000? I think you have a 1000.2 and you'll need a DPP44 switch or two DP34s.

You'll need to run 3 cables to the switch, one for each satellite location and feed the 622 with 2 cable runs no separator. You could feed the other 2 211s from the first DP34. Then you need to trunk a second DP34 off the first DP34 and feed the 311 or 301 receiver. You'll need 3 small jumper cables to connect the two DP34s.

Look at this diagram and instead of the two dishes, just imagine one dish the 1000.2 and remove the last DP34 switch.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/tech/dp34_02.jpg

Probably cheaper and easier to replace one of the 211's with a 622 if you're eligible for a lease upgrade. You wouldn't require any new switches and you will get two more rooms with DVR.

dish info

I went to the system info screen and got the info you requested.

Dpp1k.2, 1k.1(1), 1k.2(2), 1k.3(3)

I am locked into satellites 110,119, and 129.

I do not want to go the route of switching a 311 to a 622. I have an standard tivo box that I need to hookup, which creates the need for the 301 or 311. Plus I just need receiver for my house. So, with my current setup, so I go the switch route? The help is greatly appreciated.

I do not want to go the route of switching a 311 to a 622. I have an standard tivo box that I need to hookup, which creates the need for the 301 or 311. Plus I just need receiver for my house. So, with my current setup, so I go the switch route? The help is greatly appreciated.

See post #3, that's your answer.

Okay, good, then you already have 3 cables coming from the Dish 1000.2.

But, the DPP Triple LNB on the Dish will need to be replaced with 3 DP dual or single LNBs, and the 1000.2 plastic bracket holding the LNB in place will need to be replaced by a 1000.2 "W" bracket to hold the 3 dual/single LNBs.

Then basically follow what RandallA said starting with hooking the 3 cables from the Dish into the switch.

"But, the DPP Triple LNB on the Dish will need to be replaced with 3 DP dual or single LNBs, and the 1000.2 plastic bracket holding the LNB in place will need to be replaced by a 1000.2 "W" bracket to hold the 3 dual/single LNBs. "

This is not needed. I've had a 1000.2 with a DP34 for months now without any problems.

Looking at your signature, you have a DP Plus LNB going into the DP Plus 44 switch, then cascaded to the DP 34 switch. That will work.

Running a DP Plus LNB straight into a DP switch is asking for problems. They are not suppose to be compatiable.

And why do you even have the 34 switch? You should be able to run all 4 of your receivers off just the DP Plus 44 switch??

Looking at your signature, you have a DP Plus LNB going into the DP Plus 44 switch, then cascaded to the DP 34 switch. That will work.

Running a DP Plus LNB straight into a DP switch is asking for problems. They are not suppose to be compatiable.

And why do you even have the 34 switch? You should be able to run all 4 of your receivers off just the DP Plus 44 switch??

I had them reversed before but I added 61.5 so switched them back. I need one more feed for my computer so I can update the software updates thread.

Believe me it works just fine.

I had them reversed before but I added 61.5 so switched them back. I need one more feed for my computer so I can update the software updates thread.

Believe me it works just fine.

Just ran across it in the manual: The DP Plus LNBF is NOT compatiable with the DP 34 switch in any installation, including trunked switch installations which contain DP 34 switches.

In your system, since a DP Plus LNBF is compatiable with a DP Plus switch, and you have it first in the configuration, any receiver connected to the DP Plus 44 switch should function okay. But any receiver hooked to the DP 34 switch may eventually run into problems.

And here is the link from Dish Network's Tech Portal, which is accessible to the public. Pay particular attention to the "NOTE" in the middle:

Tech Portal : (choose receiver model) : Equipment : SuperDISH

Last edited:
Just ran across it in the manual: The DP Plus LNBF is NOT compatiable with the DP 34 switch in any installation, including trunked switch installations which contain DP 34 switches.

In your system, since a DP Plus LNBF is compatiable with a DP Plus switch, and you have it first in the configuration, any receiver connected to the DP Plus 44 switch should function okay. But any receiver hooked to the DP 34 switch may eventually run into problems.

And here is the link from Dish Network's Tech Portal, which is accessible to the public. Pay particular attention to the "NOTE" in the middle:

Tech Portal : (choose receiver model) : Equipment : SuperDISH

This has been discussed in the past. Dish Network says that is not compatible and it's not supported but it works. The reason why it's not supported is because of power requirements for the LNB, since he has several receivers that will not be a problem. If he had one receiver, then yes the receiver will be working harder just to supply power to the LNB.

Believe me it worked for months and I wouldn't mind switching them back if that makes you feel better. :)

for clarity

I very much appreciate the help. Just so I have this clear, I just need to connect the 3 cables running from the triple LNB to the inputs on the dp 34, then connect 3 more jumper cables to piggyback another dp 34. Should I do anything special for the 622 or just leave it hooked up the way it was (splitters, diplexers)? Thanks again for the help.

I very much appreciate the help. Just so I have this clear, I just need to connect the 3 cables running from the triple LNB to the inputs on the dp 34, then connect 3 more jumper cables to piggyback another dp 34. Should I do anything special for the 622 or just leave it hooked up the way it was (splitters, diplexers)? Thanks again for the help.

You'll need two cable runs for the 622 from the DP34, you can not use separators with a DP34.

Hmm..? So, what your saying is that I would have to have two coax cables running to to the back of my 622 from the dp34. If so, I won't be able to do that since my house has a single coax wired to that location, and it would be a big headache to get another line fished to that location. Is there another solution that you could think of? Would I run into the same problem with dp44? Thanks again!

Hmm..? So, what your saying is that I would have to have two coax cables running to to the back of my 622 from the dp34. If so, I won't be able to do that since my house has a single coax wired to that location, and it would be a big headache to get another line fished to that location. Is there another solution that you could think of? Would I run into the same problem with dp44? Thanks again!

You can run a single cable with a separator if you use a DPP44 switch. The best solution for you is a DPP44 but they are expensive. Sometimes you can find them at a good price on eBay. If you go with a DPP44 then you'll only need one switch since the DPP44 has 4 outputs, 2 for the 211s, one for the 622 and the other one for the extra receiver.

And, if you have a DPP44, you can trunk DP34s off of it since the DPP44 will be powering the LNBFs.

hookup question

One more question guys. I'm not real sure how to hook up the 622 with the dp44. I believe I would run one coax from the switch to a seperator then to input 1 and 2. After that, I'm not real sure. Do I need diplexers or splitters? any diagrams illustrate this? thanks again.

One more question guys. I'm not real sure how to hook up the 622 with the dp44. I believe I would run one coax from the switch to a seperator then to input 1 and 2. After that, I'm not real sure. Do I need diplexers or splitters? any diagrams illustrate this? thanks again.

Is the 622 feeding a second TV? If it's then you'll need the diplexers, if you don't then just run the single cable to the separator. I'll look for the diagram for TV2 and diplexers.

It's for 2 TVs but just eliminate the splitter and run it to the second TV. Here you go:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample9.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)