Dish 1000 in Minnesota?

ChunkyMonkey

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
I'm new to all this and i'm a little confused. I understand that the dish 1000 doesn't work everywhere. Will it work in Minnesota? I'm getting an HDTV in a few weeks and i'ld like to have VOOM, but I don't think the association will let me install a second dish.

Thanks

thank you very much! thing is, i was there before but didn't click on the footprint pdf. I didn't realize what that was.

so since MN isn't colored the dish1000 will work i assume.

this was the line that confused me since i'm north of these cities but i guess that only means directly north of them:
Buffalo, NY, Johnstown - Altoona, PA, Harrisburg - Lancaster - Lebanon - York, PA - Baltimore, MD - Salisbury, MD and everything NORTH.

Dish1000 and the New england area has been rather confusing. Many people have been listing cities in PA, and NY and everything North, when really it's everything EAST of there.

The reality is that people on the east coast, even in the states not colored on that map, will have a tough time getting the 129 satellite due to a very low look angles. Dish1000, and the 129 satellite is only really useful for the western 3/4 of the US, the rest of the country will most likely use 61.5.

Folks should note that owners associations can NOT keep you from having as many dishes as you want - provided certain rules are met (such as being less than 1 meter in size).

SimpleSimon said:
Folks should note that owners associations can NOT keep you from having as many dishes as you want - provided certain rules are met (such as being less than 1 meter in size).

heh...tell me about it

went a few rounds with my HOA because of the dish farm :)

It's just not worth the hassle arguing with the HOA. I ordered a dish1000, DVR942, and that separator thing from Sadoun yesterday. Hope it's all in stock :p

thanks for all the help guys

BTW Iceberg could u recommend a good installer for the North Metro area? My current dish was up when i bought the house so I don't have experience with any companies around here. I found a local company that will install the dish for $100 but I don't know anything about there quality.

I'm in Columbia Heights (Anoka County). If I was still in the business I would be happy to help you out (like that helps you out right?). Anyway in case your not aware of it E* has an office in New Brighton but if you don't want to use them you can try "Satellite Plus" on University Ave in Fridley. They may have changed their name recently but I think their phone number would still come up using the old name.

ChunkyMonkey, I had a great installer do the install at my parents house north of the cities. I'm not positive if he will drive to Ramsey, but I don't see why not. He gave me his cell number incase I had any problems or concerns. He was really nice and did a great job. Let me know if you want his number.

New 811 Software P3.30

Is Satellite 61.5 not working any more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts