dish 1000+ issues with 129 and bad rain fade

30" / 36" dish

I've heard of the 30" Winegard (2077) dish. Who has a 36" that can be used with a DISH LNB? Info please.

Also, I too tried a DISH+ thinking a bigger dish would help with the signal loss of the 129 that's falling out of the sky. Lost about 5 points from the 24" dish. The last installer told me to switch to Directv...the only solution.

And with the TBSHD issue that advice is sounding better every day :(

I havent to pleased with DISH HD so far. Very grainy do to downrezzing. I have a 58' plasma so my TV shows every detail.
But the Local channels are very bad

i have a dish tech coming next week to check everything.
Yes you will get a better signal with a bigger dish. if i put up a 36in dish i will get much better signal then i have now. the bigger the dish the better the signal at least to a point.

if you think dish locals are bad go to DTV theres are horrible. That is why i tried it for a week and dropped it.

why should i check my connections they are are all new. plus i have looked over everything best i can and they look ok.

the thing is i wrote the dish tech and they sent me through all these tests and still cant figure out the issue. they had no idea what was causing the problem.

I've heard of the 30" Winegard (2077) dish. Who has a 36" that can be used with a DISH LNB? Info please.

Also, I too tried a DISH+ thinking a bigger dish would help with the signal loss of the 129 that's falling out of the sky. Lost about 5 points from the 24" dish. The last installer told me to switch to Directv...the only solution.

And with the TBSHD issue that advice is sounding better every day :(

The price is only $50.00 with free shipping and only 3 states are charged tax, I paid under $54.00 for mine......CHECK 'EM OUT!!!
3ABN: Christian Television - Three Angels Broadcasting Network - 3ABN: Christian Television - Three Angels Broadcasting Network - www.3abn.org click on the "satellite" link in the menu bar and then scroll down. The picture is an actual photo of the real deal, it has there logo but who cares.

It's the 36" DISH KIT only, LNBF's are extra.

Is it possible to switch out the LNBFs on a 1000+ with those from a 1000.2? I continue to have too much rain fade on my 1000+, and i suspect it is partly due to the 1000+ having to support (stretch/reach/compromise) across 4 sats. I dont subscribe to anything on 118 anymore, and was hoping i could easily swap out the 1000+ LNBFs with a 1000.2 LNBF and keep my 30" 1000+ dish.

if possible, does it require quite a bit of re-pointing? extra adaptors?

thanks for any suggestions.

The RG6 and/or the connectors could be the problem as well as the LNB's themselves. Just because it's new does not mean it is not faulty. Call Dish and complain until they fix it for you. I had similar problems, had dish come out and replace all of the cabling and connectors as well as install a dish 500 just for the 129 sat and haven't had a drop out since.

My numbers were decent on the 110 and 119 but my 129 was really low in comparision
Sat trans reading
110 - 11 - 59
119 - 11 - 61
129 - 17 - 36
129 - 32 - 38

Would this be the dish not pointed correctly?

Have a 1000+, and these are my current readings (mostly sunny, but a few high gray-ish clouds). Seems like my strengths are pretty good (better than B_Kranski's), yet rain clouds/rain causes me to lose reception far too often, and for far too long a period (sometimes up to 2 hours).

110 - 11 - 67
119 - 11 - 57
129 - 17 - 63
129 - 32 - 54

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)