Dish 1000 Plus Confusion

No it is the same reflector just the switch is built in not more compact just a little cleaner with fewer exposed connections. Still works exactly the same.

Getting rid of the DPP44 is huge improvment, the LNB block itself is smaller than the one I have with that giant eye in the middle, I'm pretty sure they will come up with a single block LNB like the 1000.2 or 1000.4

Getting rid of the DPP44 is huge improvment, the LNB block itself is smaller than the one I have with that giant eye in the middle, I'm pretty sure they will come up with a single block LNB like the 1000.2 or 1000.4

Yeah. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and do this. I realize some people don't need to have the 129 but a huge drawback to the new one is you have two exposed coax connections if the customer wants HD stuff. Its out in the weather and just asking for corrosion / moisture issues.

I swapped my old 1000+ lnb with this new one and got rid of the DPP44, after a couple of weeks I kept getting signal drops, on my 722k and 211k
so I rewired it up to my DPP44 again and no more drop outs, I bought the lnb for really cheap on ebay supposedly brand new, but this maybe why it was so cheap.
anyhow one thing I did notice when I installed the new lnb was a major signal improvement on 110 and 118.

anyhow one thing I did notice when I installed the new lnb was a major signal improvement on 110 and 118.

I have noticed some lnb's are just ''hotter'' than others, at least with some 1000.2 lnb's.....nothing ''major'' but 4-8 points on the same dish.....

I did get several points on all 110/119/129 feeds with a new black dish. I had the original 1000, which required a DPP44 as it had no built-in switch. The only loss is a 4th port for a single-feed Dish 500, originally for 148 and then for VOOM on 61.5. It might be nice to have 72.7 for backup but without the 4th input the dish will just sit there for the next few years, I guess. Getting rid of the inside power supply for the DPP44 is a bonus.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)