Dish 1000 Question

hilljec

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
I am building a new house and was wondering how many coax lines I need to run from the dish mounting point to my centralized wiring closet. I will have a 622 and a 211 in the future.

d1000 will support 2 receiver/cables without any additional switches. so for this config you would only need 2 cables.
However this gives you little growth and if you are running 2 you might as well run the 3rd, which will mean later you will be able to use a switch like the dpp44 to expand your receivers. That is what i would do anyway.

hilljec said:
I am building a new house and was wondering how many coax lines I need to run from the dish mounting point to my centralized wiring closet. I will have a 622 and a 211 in the future.

You will need 3 lines from the dishes to your switches.

If I were you I would run 4 coax wires down into your central closet. The additional cost for the extra line is small.

Unless you are a satellite junky, you probably won't need more than 4 sat's.

While you are at it... decide where the best location for the satellites dishes will be.

Don't forget Ethernet and phone lines into your closest to.

If you are using receivers which have UHF remotes (and they are going to SD tv's) you can put all the receivers in your closet and run the coaxes to each tv, and also set up the 622 for mod output and stack that with channel 3/4 to the other tvs and have the ability to watch the 622 programs on your other tvs.

Will the 622 run off one line with a separator at the receiver? Or do I need two lines to each receiver.

I may do 3 lines from the dish to the closet and install a switch later.

As previously posted, a few extra lines (more than 2) would be nice...but not needed. With a D1000 and 2 receiver install, you will only need two lines. And like you stated, one of the lines can be ran directly to the 622 and then use a separator at the receiver to INPUT 1 and INPUT 2.

A 622 MAY run off a seperator at the reciever if you are using a DPP 44 or a
DP+ LNB direct to the seperator (no switch)

From what I gather you need at LEAST 2

My recommendation is to run 4 coaxes from the sat dishes to your closet. The only additional cost should be the cost of the cable.

If you need to:

you can have 110/119/129 and 61.5 or 148 or 105
run to DPP 44 then to your receiver(s)

then you can run up to 4 receivers.

DucTape said:
I thought he was asking how many lines from the dish mounts into his home to the switch area, guess I'm in a daze.

Sorry...I just figured he was using a DPP Twin and DP dual tandem at the D1000 :p
With that sort of configuration, all he would really NEED is the two feeds from the DPP Twin.

Dish 1000 and Coax runs

I would run at least 4 to where your dish is gonna be. I would also run 4 from wherever the wiring closet is to the spot where your tv is gonna be. why 4 you ask, 2 for satellite, 1 for backfeed of a tv2 signal and 1 for ota or cable modem etc.

dodge said:
I would run at least 4 to where your dish is gonna be. I would also run 4 from wherever the wiring closet is to the spot where your tv is gonna be. why 4 you ask, 2 for satellite, 1 for backfeed of a tv2 signal and 1 for ota or cable modem etc.

Not a big fan of DP+ technology or diplexers, are ya? :cool:

Not a big fan of DP+ technology or diplexers, are ya?
He's just being wise - who knows what the future may hold?

Me, I've got 4 coming into my theatre room (not counting the dual for the test rig) and I'm going to have to use DPPlus when my 622 gets here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)