Dish 1000 reciever

Labtech

Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Can anyone tell me how to hook up the switch on a dish 500 leagacy feed horn to the 1000 dish network reciever? Do I need something for the features jack out the back of the unit to turn on the switch in the feedhorn. I have 97% signal level on 119. The switch test fails on the check and the dish 500 box has been checked. The skew has been set and the azimuth is right ( I think) heh. Its an old unit and I dont think the newer ones work the same lol! thanks ya all

If it hasnt seen the data stream in a long time, I doubt it will work, as it needs newer software to see the signals properly and those updates were sent over a few different software updates.

The unit has seen 119 in the last 2 weeks I am not certain of the software rev. But I will find out if need be:)

Looks like the newest software is version 8.03
8.00 was updated 3/16/04

Go to the system nifo screen and if the software starts with 803, you've got the newest :)

Is this the only receiver on the Dish 500? Are you sure you are receiving a signal from the 110 satellite? What do you have for a switch SW-21,44 or 64, or do you have a Twin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts