Dish 1000/Voom HD

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 14, 2004
I'm interested in getting the voom channels.
I was told I need to pay $100 for installing a D1000.
Is there anyway to get around paying this?

I currently have a Superdish for internationals and a D500.
I have 2 811's connected.

Thanks

if you have a superdish then you aren't using the dish 500 for anything right? You should be able to take the dish 500 and point it at just 61.5 or 129 depending on your location that would give a better signal on either one

Well I have the AT120 pack, the Dish HD channels, and two international channels that come off 121.
I do not subscribe to locals.
On my 811 screen, it says that I'm connected to 119, 110, 121

I don't think they setup the superdish properly when they installed it. I told the installers to setup the superdish only, but they were too lazy and didn't remove the D500 and I belive both are being used.

And yes, it's on the roof.

If both of your 811s state that they are seeing 121, then it is unlikely that either is connected to your D500. At least there is no reason to be, as the SuperDish can see 110, 119, and 121. If the SD is aligned properly and getting all three, then the D500 could be repointed to see 129. It wouldn't even take much repointing to do so.

But then you have the problem of getting that signal down to your receivers. They probably took the cables from the D500 and connected them to your SuperDish. So you would have to run new cables from the D500 and then combine them with the cables carrying your SD signal with a switch.

You will likely need a Dish technician to pull this off. Don't know how much it would cost you.

To expound on Tom's post, the cheapest way is to add a pair of DP21 switches (one for each 811) cascaded off the SuperDish's DP34.

Note: The SuperDish might be used ONLY for 121 (but it's not likely).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts