Dish 1000

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I have a dish 500 now but when they install the 622 with the 1000 will it still support my 501 and 301 along with the 622 I only have one line running to the area where the 622 will be.They told me they would put a splitter in then connect it to the TV1 and TV2 on the 622 so I could watch one channel and record one at the same time.I live in McKinney Tx north of Dallas

Last edited:
Crunch said:
You'll have to have a DP44 switch to do the distribution and be able to "split" the single cable into your new 622.

So call E* & make sure it is on the work order that "you require a dpp44 switch" or you will get a dp34 switch & 2 lines to your 622

Last edited:
Would be almost impossible to run another cable to the location without tearing apart the house and the dp44 switch I hear it is almost impossible to get.We are running three receivers now on the 500 dish.Forgot to mention I have a separate cable to each of the rooms which come from the outside where the dish is located.

Last edited:
Good luck in getting a DPP44 switch. I've been waiting for more than a month. My NEXT scheduled install is April 6, but in the interim, the 622 STILL sits used.

Sick - totally reprepensible customer service....

Here is the latest response from Dish upon my constant hounding every source I can to get this moved up and working:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your email. I apologize Judd didn’t call you regarding your issue. Right now your work order is still schedule for April 6th, and we are waiting for this local to receive a DP44 switch. My Dallas office is aware as while. Once we are informed that they have the proper equipment to complete your install, we will work on scheduling for an earlier date.

Thanks,

David Laslo

Executive Office of DISH Network

CEO Escalations

David.laslo@echostar.com

It really all depends on what part of the country you're in. The biggest obstacle I'm running into, with regards to the DPP44 switch, is allowing it to be installed!! Our offices here in Ohio are pretty well stocked with those switches. Unless the customer is willing to make a big stink about it OR the install calls for a 4-sat install, Dish is making the customer pay the difference between the DP34 and the DPP44 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)