Dish 119W B11 - Receiving San Antonio locals in Houston

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hans Vredeling

Original poster
I have an account with receivers in Houston activated for San Antonio locals (Dishnetwork set this account up for us this way). According to the satellite map, Houston falls in the footprint area for San Antonio locals which are carried on the 119W B11 spot beam. However, the signals are not coming in either on VIP211 receivers or 311 receivers. I have tried the low band as well as the high band channels.

The satellite configuration used is a Dish 500 110/119/61.5 combo with DP34 switches.

Any suggestions on how to solve this technically would be appreciated.

Are you trying to get Houston locals in San Antonio or San Antonio locals in Houston? Dish chart as Houston sd on 119 on B11, most of San Antonio is on 110 B22 sd is transponder 25, HD is on 23. Also, trying to figure out why you would have the secondary dish pointed to 61.5? If Houston, I can see 61.5 for HD locals.

I am setting up to receive San Antonio locals in Houston. Yes, the 61.5 is for Houston HD. Right, I mistyped. I meant San Antonio locals being on the 110 B22. Maybe I am mistaken about the possibility of picking up San Antonio locals in the Houston area. Any other thoughts?

its very simple....you're outside of the spotbeam

San Antonio Spotbeam

E10_SB22.jpg

Click on SatMaps near top of this page. Look you sat location, spot beam or location to pull up map.

It's a lot better, and easier, using The List, also near the top of this page. Go to Subscription List, Dish Network Markets, State, and then City..... Click on the spot beam and there you go!

Dish uses 2 setups
One is called Eastern Arc where it sees 61.5,72 and 77
Western Arc is 110,119,129

only difference is what satellite the locals are on

Cities in the middle of the US are sometimes on both arcs (locals).
The person above neglected to see that San Antonio locals are on on 110 and posted to confuse everyone ;)

Sorry, I didn't intend to confuse.

I have Austin locals and can get them on EA or WA. The EA spot beam extends well east of Houston. I don't know how to determine which sats a certain city has locals on.

post #8

using The List, also near the top of this page..Go to Subscription List, Dish Network Markets, State, and then City..... Click on the spot beam and there you go!

Does any of you know if Dish (or Direct for that matter) allow a receiver active for one city to sit in another? Are there waivers or special agreements?
There are federal laws that prohibit what you are asking, DISH won't knowingly violate them again. DISH already lost in court for offering out of market locals.