Dish 1k.2 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CoachRose

Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Midland TX 79706
I have a 1K.2 dish, western arc, wally receiver, living in a 5th wheel in Tx. 79706 area code. Wally resets constantly, have recently begun having issues with guide not downloading. Thought I needed to adjust elevation as signal strength was 18-20, ran test installation, only 129 was locked but 110 was showing, 119 was not. Did some adjusting, lost all 3 satellites, moved back to where I was before, now only 129 is showing. When I run status check on receiver (before I lost 119 & 110) received two issues, Port 1 no signal, Port 2 low signal. Since I am month to month with my subscription, I haven't contacted tech support. Have sent details multiple times but am not sure the issue is on their end. Any suggestions? My manual says elevation is 48, skew 114 and Azimuth 200 for my zip code. According to dish pointer Az should be 210.1, elevation 48.4 skew 25 something. Which is correct?

I have a 1K.2 dish, western arc, wally receiver, living in a 5th wheel in Tx. 79706 area code. Wally resets constantly, have recently begun having issues with guide not downloading. Thought I needed to adjust elevation as signal strength was 18-20, ran test installation, only 129 was locked but 110 was showing, 119 was not. Did some adjusting, lost all 3 satellites, moved back to where I was before, now only 129 is showing. When I run status check on receiver (before I lost 119 & 110) received two issues, Port 1 no signal, Port 2 low signal. Since I am month to month with my subscription, I haven't contacted tech support. Have sent details multiple times but am not sure the issue is on their end. Any suggestions? My manual says elevation is 48, skew 114 and Azimuth 200 for my zip code. According to dish pointer Az should be 210.1, elevation 48.4 skew 25 something. Which is correct?
Your manual is correct. Elevation 48, Skew 114, Az 200

From DishPointer for your ZIP code:

Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 48.5°
Azimuth (true): 210.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 204.3°
Dish Skew [?]: 115.2°

From DishPointer for your ZIP code:

Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 48.5°
Azimuth (true): 210.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 204.3°
Dish Skew [?]: 115.2°
Correct, but according to my 1K.2 manual its 48, 200, 114, so which do I use? When I moved my dish towards 210.1 az I lost all reception. Now that I've returned to 200 ish, I am at least receiving 129. 129 shows up in the first slot on my switch check screen, so does that mean it is hitting the middle of my lnbf?

Correct, but according to my 1K.2 manual its 48, 200, 114, so which do I use? When I moved my dish towards 210.1 az I lost all reception. Now that I've returned to 200 ish, I am at least receiving 129. 129 shows up in the first slot on my switch check screen, so does that mean it is hitting the middle of my lnbf?

Rotate to the East about 10 degrees.

Reactions: CoachRose
I've always had the best luck using DishPointer with my actual address or GPS coordinates. Make sure you're using the flat sides of the dish mount for magnetic azimuth aiming, not the LNB arm...

I've always had the best luck using DishPointer with my actual address or GPS coordinates. Make sure you're using the flat sides of the dish mount for magnetic azimuth aiming, not the LNB arm...
Thanks for the tip. Also do you use the elevation tool on dish pointer? If so, do you use the flat side of the mount for that as well?

Thanks for the tip. Also do you use the elevation tool on dish pointer? If so, do you use the flat side of the mount for that as well?
On a 1K2 dish, the elevation is set by the scale on the side of the mount using the leading edge of the locking nut as the "pointer". Start with the elevation listed by DishPointer.com in the multi-LNB section, then tweak as needed to peak the signals.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I found 119 but on the switch check it is in the spot for 110 so my switch check looks likes this: Conn, 119, Conn, X, check mark, X, X, check mark, X. Signal strength on 119 is 67 which is better than I've ever had, do I need to move a little east or west. I am not having much luck with the pointer apps.

I now have 110 and 129 but not 119. My test switch looks like this: Conn, 110, 129 X, check mark, check mark X, check mark, check mark. Signal strength is between 14 and 20, any suggestions?

I now have 110 and 129 but not 119. My test switch looks like this: Conn, 110, 129 X, check mark, check mark X, check mark, check mark. Signal strength is between 14 and 20, any suggestions?
Something is way off. If I were you and didn't have a meter, I would set the settings like it says to (And settings i posted and that NY Dutch posted form the DP App aren't so different to matter), then cover the outside "eyes" On the LNB with Tin Foil, leaving only the middle one, then get it set for the highest signal you can get on the 119, and then uncover those 2 eyes and run another check switch and you should be good. As long as your Dish is configured correctly, all there Sats should come in, OR, just get a Tailgater. You already have the Wally and Dish has them for $300.00. You can order it right off mydish.com, have it in a matter of days and be watching TV without all this angst.

If you'd still rather use the Dish, then spend the money and get a +super satelite buddy - Bing - Shopping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)