Dish 2 Tuner and O.T.A. Combined-How?

susqueduck

Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I have a Dish 322 dual tuner receiver and an over the air antenna (OTA). I also have an 8 way splitter that sends signals to 8 different TV's.

How can I combine Dish Tuner #1, Dish Tuner #2 and the antanna signal together to go into the 8 way splitter (home distribution) to go out to 8 different TV's?

Would a 3 way combiner work? ( 3 inputs with one output)

I am right now using a (2 way) combiner to combine the two tuners into one line that is successfully being sent out to 8 TV's.

Dish Tuner #1 is set to channel 4

Dish Tuner #2 is set to channel 60

How do I plug in the antenna?

Thanks.

a 3 way should work, most 3 way splitters are not balanced and one of the legs will weaken the signal more than the other two, so try different ports if you're not happy with the signal. It might help to amp the antenna or amp the output of the 3 way splitter.

I have that setup working using a Super Home Node. I combine the two receiver outputs into the node input and have splitters on each of the four outputs, two of which feed the 622s. Works perfectly.

a 3 way should work, most 3 way splitters are not balanced and one of the legs will weaken the signal more than the other two, so try different ports if you're not happy with the signal. It might help to amp the antenna or amp the output of the 3 way splitter.

I tried using a balanced 3 way combiner, but my O.T.A feed is snowy. I tried combining them after my amplifier and before, but still not good. Should the Modulated TV 2 output be changed to a different channel than what it is now? I currently have it on Chan. 60.

I tried using a balanced 3 way combiner, but my O.T.A feed is snowy. I tried combining them after my amplifier and before, but still not good. Should the Modulated TV 2 output be changed to a different channel than what it is now? I currently have it on Chan. 60.

I can only suggest another to try another amp and/or splitter, I used to use a 4 way splitter to combine 3 modulators and OTA and it worked fine.

Lower channels should work better, higher channels attenuate before lower ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)