Dish 2-tuner splitter

vincent007

Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Does anyone have info on the "rumored" 2-tuner splitter? When is it due out?

I cant seem to find any new info.....

Thanx,

Vinny

Please tell us about the two tuner splitter we would also like to know about it. Now if you are talking about the Dish Pro Plus 44 switch it should be out in the second quarter by DISH forecasts. If you have any experience with DISH that means expect it in the fourth quarter and maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

The only thing I am familiar with that I can remember is a thing called DishPro Plus which works the following way:

You run one wire to the two inputs of a dual tuner receiver (or it has a single jack, I do not remember). What the receiver does is has two different commands for which satellite and which polarity it wants for each tuner. The current space that is used by the old standard is the first tuner, and the upper bandwidth is the second tuner's signal.

Dishpro as you remember puts both polarities of a single satellite on a single cable at the same time. It cannot possibly handle receiving multiple satellites on the same cable at the same time.

Examples:
1) Dish Regular. The cable can only carry 119Even, or 119Odd, or 110Even, or 110Odd, or whatever
2) DishPro. The cable can carry 119Even and Odd, or 110Even and 110Odd, or 61.5Even and 61.5Odd
3) DishPro Plus. The cable could carry 119Even and 110Even at the same time. Or it could have 61.5Odd with 148Even at the same time.

The advantage of DP Plus is that you only need one cable for two tuner receivers, although you of course need a compatible switch at the other end.

I do not know if this is out, or will be out ever, but I remember hearing about this a while ago.

Reedl

3) DishPro Plus. The cable could carry 119Even and 110Even at the same time. Or it could have 61.5Odd with 148Even at the same time.

For proper handling request from two indendent tuners, DPP technologie should feed thru one cable to the 'splitter' ANY combination of sat/polarity, ie 2 ANY transponders from ANY sat [what DPP switch combined].

I also heard that the new Dish Pro Plus switch will support legacy receivers also, so things like Dishplayers, and older stuff will not need a dishpro adapter.

Reedl

Yeah, but considering the cost of these things, I'd have to be pretty desperate to buy one. Dual RG-6, even when paying an installer, is a lot less $$$.

I've heard it can allow humans to fly!
rolleyes.gif

Actually when I had my 510 installed a couple weeks ago I asked the installer about them. He had mentioned someone from Dish had been into his offices to talk with the troups and get feedback.

One item discussed was this device that would allow them to do single runs to dual tuner receivers saving them the labor of pulling a lot of cable. Most people that pre-wired their homes for cable didn't consider 2 or more runs to one room.

But the new device wouldn't eliminate their need for another run for people with the 322 and 522 units that want to backfeed to other systems.

vincent007 said:
Does anyone have info on the "rumored" 2-tuner splitter? When is it due out?

I cant seem to find any new info.....

Thanx,

Vinny
go to this page and scroll down to bottom of page.
they mention the 2 tuner splitter (one line to service 2 tuners)
http://www.vssll.com/pvr921.html
email them they might have some answers

I thought DishPlayers would not work with DishPro adapters. If a receiver does not work with a DishPro adapter then it will also not work with the DPP44 switch. Either that or it does not have the 105/121 FSS satellite capability.

Mike_H said:
...But the new device wouldn't eliminate their need for another run for people with the 322 and 522 units that want to backfeed to other systems.
Depending on how the home is wired, a diplexer might still work - the stacked satellite feed uses much higher frequencies. It gets a bit more complicated if you also want to bring an OTA antenna feed down to the receiver, but it can be done using a combiner. You have to be careful not to send your TV2 feed back up to the OTA antenna. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts