Dish 2000 died can I get deal from Dsh Net

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Soccernut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Fresno,ca
My Dish 2000 died the other day, what kind of deal can I get for a new receiver from Dish? I would like to get a 811, will it work with Legacy LNB's and 64 switch? also have 4700 upgraded to 4900, 4000 and 3000.

Call and ask. You do not have to accept any offer. But be sure to call and ask several times to check with several CSRs.

The 811 will work with legacy lnbf's and legacy switches. You should not get any DishPro lnbf's since you have so many legacy receivers unless you want to pay a lot of money for each DishPro adapter in which would cost almost as much as a new receiver.

Sometimes Dish has a deal for their existing subscribers for a remanufactured receiver for $50 or $60. You can also get the $1.99 warranty and sometimes they will replace the receiver for you for free if you take the warranty but you have to keep the warranty for one year.

You should qualify for the DVR-510 upgrade for $99 with a 1 yr. commitment you get a 510 with free installation and you can trade in your 2000. If you get a good CSR you might be able to get the free upgrade with a 2 yr. commitment.

boba said:
You should qualify for the DVR-510 upgrade for $99 with a 1 yr. commitment you get a 510 with free installation and you can trade in your 2000. If you get a good CSR you might be able to get the free upgrade with a 2 yr. commitment.

The reason I want the 811 is that I have a HDTV ready tv, I'm not to found of 1 or 2 year commitments and have 3 VCR's to wear out before trying a DVR, maybe by that time all the bugs will be exterminated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)