Dish 301 software problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I recently purchased a 301 (new) and I am having a problem upgrading the software. I have talked to Dish tech support 20 times over the past 2 days (I wonder if they actually know what they are doing). I have shut the receiver off as they tell me to do, to aquire the updated software. This does nothing, same old software. Dish has sent me a new smart card and all I get is an error "Smart card is inserted incorrectly" - anyone have any ideas?

The current s/w version on the receiver is: P050DACD-N

what kind of signal do you have on 110? Also, check in the menus under system upgrades to see if 'without my permission' is checked.. Also, the smart card problem is usually caused by a faulty smart card reader. They sent you a new card cause you had the blue one when you got it? And whenever you turn it off to download, make sure you have the old card in there.

sobonefnet said:
I recently purchased a 301 (new) and I am having a problem upgrading the software. I have talked to Dish tech support 20 times over the past 2 days (I wonder if they actually know what they are doing). I have shut the receiver off as they tell me to do, to aquire the updated software. This does nothing, same old software. Dish has sent me a new smart card and all I get is an error "Smart card is inserted incorrectly" - anyone have any ideas?

The current s/w version on the receiver is: P050DACD-N

The current version is 0.50?!?! Wow. For new receivers, I think it's supposed to take the initial software download as soon as it is connected and has a signal from the satellite. I'm sure SimpleSimon or another one of the installer regulars will have the best suggestions.

Signal on 110 is '116'. As far as getting into the menu's, the only menu I can access is the pointing/check switch menu. Other than that, the menu button doesn't respond. The reader must work, it reads the blue card fine, the yellow one causes the error.

One of the menu options should be about the downloads
"ask without permission"

Make sure you are on satellite 119 TP 11 and check signal. Then power off unit. Once you power the unit off, within 5 minutes it should take the update

I just updated the software on a mothballed 301 and it took fine (within 5 minutes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)