Dish 301 software update screw up?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Trying to figure something out for my Grandma

She called me this afternoon. This morning she turned on her 301 to the "dont disturb we are downloading info to the receiver" screen and it was on "Acquiring satellite" part. This was 9 hours later and it still was like that.
(My gramma thinks these things just fix themselves and waits hours before calling me to try and fix) ;)

Anywho I went over there and did the red button reboot (whoops....I mean the power refresh) and it went through the reboot and was fine. I powered it off to see if it would grab a software update but after 10 minutes nothing. Checked the dish tech site and she has the current software (and there has been no new update in a year)

Did anyone else see this happen to a 301? (I know they're old but they still work great for gramma and her old SDTV) :)

Sounds like the 301 will need to be replaced soon. Since the 301 is a QPSK-only receiver it'll need to be replaced eventually with a 311 (or a "new" 311k).

yeah I know its a QPSK but she's had it for about 10 years now

The receiver works fine. Its just odd it tried to download software for no reason

but there was no update. Looking at the dish chart the current software has been out for a long time (I forget but its been a year at least)

P4.53 6/17/10 P4.39 9/23/10. Sounds to me like a software glitch that caused it to trigger that screen. No known issue for that happening. If you can get her receiver and smartcard numbers, I'll send a Technical Problem Report up the chain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts