Dish 322 & 3900 Used together?

Davevh@comcast.net

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Las Cruces NM
If I acquired a Dish Network 322 dual tuner receiver could my Dish Network 3900 be activated on the same account and used along with the 322? I have a Dish 500 Legacy Twin LNBF.
:confused:
Thanks

It sure can. But, the problem is your current switch and LNB configuration. Your best bet would be to swap out your Legacy Twin for a DPP Twin.

I'm not sure how/where you're buying your 322, but one thing to keep in mind is to make sure you have a separator, otherwise the previously mentioned LNB will not work.

It sure can. But, the problem is your current switch and LNB configuration. Your best bet would be to swap out your Legacy Twin for a DPP Twin.

I'm not sure how/where you're buying your 322, but one thing to keep in mind is to make sure you have a separator, otherwise the previously mentioned LNB will not work.

Webbydude,

NO NO NO, the 322 will work just fine with both legacy LNBF's and switches as well as Dish Pro (and Dish Pro Plus) LNBF's and switches. The 3900 will work with Legacy LNBF's and switches and DISH PRO PLUS but NOT Dish PRO (NON PLUS) LNBF's and switches (without a Dish Pro adaptor).

If the OP has a Legacy Switch either (SW44 or SW64) then he doesn't need to change anything although it will require two Cable feeds from the switch to connect the 322. If the OP has a Legacy TWIN then he will need to either replace the Legacy TWIN with Two Dual Legacy LNBF's with a four output legacy switch (SW44 or SW64) or get a Dish Pro PLUS TWIN (although if you have poor or low grade cable it will likely NOT work).

If the OP doesn't want to run extra cable runs or doesn't have a SW44 or SW64 then the Dish Pro PLUS TWIN would be a nice option as it would only require a Single cable to each receiver (Although the 322 would require a Dish Pro PLUS Separator). Another thing to consider is the quality of the existing cable. NON RG6 or poor quality RG6 may NOT work with a Dish PRO PLUS LNBF.

John

If I acquired a Dish Network 322 dual tuner receiver could my Dish Network 3900 be activated on the same account and used along with the 322? I have a Dish 500 Legacy Twin LNBF.
:confused:
Thanks
The 322 needs 2 inputs from the dish with a Legacy system so a Twin will be maxed out. A Legacy Quad could be used but if you are going to upgrade your electronics so you can use 3 tuners a DPP Twin with a separator for the 322 would be the best way to go.

When purchasing a used receiver especially a dual tuner call DISH and make sure it is not leased and there is no outstanding balance owed. Then call again and double check. I purchased a 625 that tech support told me was clear, after I got it I found it was leased with a $967 balance, that is why I say double check. I did get the CEOs office to clear the receiver seeing they gave wrong information but it took 3 months.:)

Webbydude,

NO NO NO, the 322 will work just fine with both legacy LNBF's and switches as well as Dish Pro (and Dish Pro Plus) LNBF's and switches. The 3900 will work with Legacy LNBF's and switches and DISH PRO PLUS but NOT Dish PRO (NON PLUS) LNBF's and switches (without a Dish Pro adaptor).

If the OP has a Legacy Switch either (SW44 or SW64) then he doesn't need to change anything although it will require two Cable feeds from the switch to connect the 322. If the OP has a Legacy TWIN then he will need to either replace the Legacy TWIN with Two Dual Legacy LNBF's with a four output legacy switch (SW44 or SW64) or get a Dish Pro PLUS TWIN (although if you have poor or low grade cable it will likely NOT work).

If the OP doesn't want to run extra cable runs or doesn't have a SW44 or SW64 then the Dish Pro PLUS TWIN would be a nice option as it would only require a Single cable to each receiver (Although the 322 would require a Dish Pro PLUS Separator). Another thing to consider is the quality of the existing cable. NON RG6 or poor quality RG6 may NOT work with a Dish PRO PLUS LNBF.

John

I think Webbydude was just giving the OP the best answer, not every option he has, cause there are all kinds of ways he could configure lnbs and switches. But the BEST option is still a DPP Twin.
If he has to buy new equipment anyway, in my opinion, he is better off with the DPP Twin. For one it will work with little to no knowledge of how to hook up a switch, and there are less components to fail in the future. Definately makes troubleshooting problems much easier.

Webbydude,

John

No...what the OP was asking is if he could use the 322 *and* the 3900 receiver with the Legacy Twin. I stand by my original post and explanation :)