Dish 322 & One Input

herzzreh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I'm trying to get Dish 322 going with just the first input connected. Nada... in check switch it says "connection verified", "no connection" for the 2nd tuner but it still won't show any signal. argh... I need the second cable run for something else... don't need to tuners.
Is 322 able to use just the first tuner without the second one connected?
My setup would be:
Code:
 FTA------->diseq-------->LNB
322------->SW21--------- ^

BrettTRay said:
Unlike the Directv two tuner tivos the two tuner Dish network receivers require both inputs be hooked up.

blah... That sucks. Is there a way to fool it? Splitter?

No a 322 will work with just one input. You have to select what input you want to see signal on. If you have no cable in the #2 input, and have that selected as the input for the tuner you won't see a signal.

On the check switch screen you will see where you can select the input.

Dave nye said:
No a 322 will work with just one input. You have to select what input you want to see signal on. If you have no cable in the #2 input, and have that selected as the input for the tuner you won't see a signal.

It wont work... It needs to see the same sats on both tuners. the software was written that way... The only to get around having one line is to run dish pro plus. that allows you to use one line with a dpp seporator. you must have a dpp lnbf or dpp 44 swich in order for this to work.

Dave nye said:

Tried that... doesn't work.

We used to have independent installer around here will put in 322's for DHA's where customer only need 322, he get more $$$$$ i guess. He will only hook up one line, after surfing the channel it will be Acquireing Signal. Its weird, if you unplug sat2 tuner will lost signal, but some time if you unplug sat1 TV1 will go out so go figures.

goaliebob99,

Hate to argue with you but I have seen it done more than once. The 522 or 625 will not do it, but the 322 will. There is a thread on DBStalk right now, that talks about an installer only hooking up one tuner of a 322.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it's the right thing to do, but I have seen it work.