Dish 322 Reciever issues..

Raiden1803

Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Hi Guys, im new to the forums.

little bit of a issue geting this Dish 322 Receiver too work correctly. I'll try and do my best to describe what's going on..

about a week ago my dad switched us over to Dish network. The setup in my room is weird because i use a TV Tuner card ( it's a Pinnacle PCTV HDPCI Card) my computer and dual screen so i can watch tv. the only time the installer could come was while i was working, so my dad told them to install the second reciever in my moms room and they'll just do the extender thing into mine. so the install guy put TV1 On channel 3 and TV2 on channel 60.

what dad wanted to do was just switch the reciever from mom's old room too my room and not tell the install guy. im not sure if they'll charge for switching rooms or not.

thankfuly i got home during the install while the guy was here but he was already installing it in my moms room so their wasnt really much i could do and dad didnt want me to say anything. when he finished everything he set the second tv on the reciever to channel 60, got it too work once while he was here.. restarded my computer. and now nothing works at all. i dont even get a signal from channel 60 anymore when i do a scan.

So i figgured what the hell and i'll just switch the reciever from my mom's room to my room. atleast i got channel 3 to come up and the reciever setup to display. but when i plug it in my room, the reciever cant aquire a signal. i let it sit their for about an hour while it went through 20 diffrent transponder's trying to get a signal.. but nothing.

I dont want to call the install guy again cause dad said they'd charge us for him coming out here again, and maybe charge again for changing what room the reciever is in. so if anyone has any idea what's going on i'd be greatly appreciated.

i think the reciever/smartcard is detecting the room change and is not aquiring the signal.. i just dont know how to fix it.

thanks in advanced if anyone can help me.

The satellite receiver send a voltage out on the coaxial cable to power the amplifier on the satellite dish. That connection does not exist from your room just from your mothers room. Put the receiver back and reconnect it as it was and it will work. If you haven't messed up the connection to your room it should work on CH60 OTA. You probably scanned for it on cable which is a different set of channels.

There's no black magic required here. If you can determine which cable is routed to the dish from the origional install, re-route to the new location. Then send the modulated signal back to the origional site. The receiver can experience power supply problems if the cable to the dish doesn't connect DIRECTLY to dish {SWITCH}. THe users manual should explain the basic installation requirements.

As has been indicated by many here the 322 will not work in your room without reconfiguring the way it is cabled. your room does not receive a signal from the dish, just a "backfeed" signal from the 322 if it is installed in your mom's room. If your are fairly tech savvy, and the install was done in a standard way, you may be able to reconfigure it with help from others here. If not I would highly recommend that you call and pay dish to come reconfigure the cabling for you. Reasoning for this is that you will be much happier with the way your computer works with the dish receiver with TV1 being your computer. I used to use Media center with my 322 and it will only be able control the TV1 side of a 322 receiver. Unless you get really lucky on which tech comes out, your tech will have no clue how to configure your computer for this, nor is it his responsibility. Good luck and let us know if you need mroe help.