Dish 322 software download

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sunelec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Jackson, Michigan
I bought a Dish 322 receiver from ebay that was from a dealer closeout and was still new in the box. Apparently this unit is a couple years old and has an older software in it. I got the receiver activated and all the channels are coming in. The problem is that I cannot get the new software to download to the receiver . I talked to Dish Technical Help and we couldn't get it to download. I powered the receiver down overnight and did not get the automatic download. The tech at Dish told me that some older version receivers won't accept new software downloads but they can't tell me if this will cause any problems. My channels are fine and my program guide is fine does anyone know what prolems I might have now or will show up later?

This might or might not work. Try clearing the switch matrix:

Disconnect satellite feed and run check switch (Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch)
Connect satellite feed and run check switch again.
Get out of the menu and it should start downloading the guide.
Turn the receiver off for 20 minutes and check again.

Current version is L4.20

Thanks for the tip but procedure didn't help to install current software version. That being said maybe I don't have a problem because everything seems to work normally even though it is the old software.

A potential future problem with old firmware is that new switches and satellite locations are added to the receivers' table sporadically. You'd need the new firmware to access those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts