Dish 322 uhf remote doesn't even go 10 feet.

akschu

Original poster
May 15, 2006
I have a dish 322 and I can't seem to get the remote to go even 10 feet line of sight. It seems to be getting worse but never really worked right. Today I tried to change the frequency but I couldn't get that to work either. The remote was happy to change to frequency 2 but the receiver wouldn't pick up the change.

At this point I'm thinking the radio in the receiver has failed, but before I spend money on another receiver I thought I would ask the forum if anyone else has had this problem and if a new box resolved it. Another 322 isn't that expensive, but I would rather not drop the $100 unless I know it will fix the issue.

Thanks,
schu

Have you checked to make sure that the antenna is still connected correctly to the receiver?

Yes, the antenna is plugged directly into the back. I tried the 3 foot of rg6 cable with a barrel connector to raise it up some but that didn't help.

As far as batteries go, I tried new ones, and that didn't solve the problem.

At this point the fact that I can't change the frequency makes me believe that the rf part of the receiver is not working correctly.

I've had a SET of 322 recievers in one customer's house that would not work more than six feet from the antenna. I tried adding the antenuator, swapping the antenna, swapping recievers, swapping remotes, reprogramming remotes, relocating the antenna, relocating the reciever, and nothing worked. I concluded that it was an interdomestic electromagnetic anomoly. I told them to get all 311's.

I hope that helps.

I only have one..... I have a spare 311 and can get another but then I don't have the ability to go anywhere in the house with the remote. Sounds like I'm stuck.

I only have one..... I have a spare 311 and can get another but then I don't have the ability to go anywhere in the house with the remote. Sounds like I'm stuck.

If possible, take your receiver and remote to a nearby dealer and have him check it out for you. Probably do it for free.

Failing getting the #322 to work, the #311 remotes will accept a stick on the end IR to UHF adapter which transmits a UHF signal back to its own receiver and puts out a line of site IR signal to the #311 receiver. Don't cost much.

I have a dish 322 and I can't seem to get the remote to go even 10 feet line of sight. It seems to be getting worse but never really worked right. Today I tried to change the frequency but I couldn't get that to work either. The remote was happy to change to frequency 2 but the receiver wouldn't pick up the change.

At this point I'm thinking the radio in the receiver has failed, but before I spend money on another receiver I thought I would ask the forum if anyone else has had this problem and if a new box resolved it. Another 322 isn't that expensive, but I would rather not drop the $100 unless I know it will fix the issue.

Thanks,
schu
On the TV1 remote press the 'sys info" button....Note the remote address for TV2....If the address is not "1"....Change the remote adress on the TV2remote to the number that appears on the screen..
Before you do this make sure the antenna is connected to the back of the receiver..
Follow these steps....
1. press and hold the "SAT" button until all other buttons light up.
2. choose the number that matches the TV2 remote address number on the sys info screen, press the # key..
3. the SAT button will flash
4. press the record button on the remote
Your remote address now will match the number on the sys info screen.
your remote if functioning properly will now be ready to go..
If it does not work make sure the batteries are fresh..
Anothe little trick..Remove the batteries form the remote for a few minutes then replace them.....
let us know how you make out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts