Signal Loss - need some help

NiftyRed

Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Could some one give me some suggestions on getting the tilt correct so I can get the 110/129 links.

I spent 2 hours last night talking to dish techs (3 dropped calls but finally got a rep with limitied English skills) - her only solution was to pay $99 for a dish rep to come out to my house.

I have/had a loss of signal on 119 (weak signal) and 129 from my dish.

Checking the dish I found that the original install did not tighten one of the bolts which resulted in the dish vibrating on the poll (about 1/16 inch)

With some tweaking I got the 119 back with a stong signal but lost the 110 signal and had no luck in getting the 129.

I have experience installing Directv HD dishes but not Dish Net dishes.

With some tweaking I got the 119 back with a stong signal but lost the 110 signal and had no luck in getting the 129.

I have experience installing Directv HD dishes but not Dish Net dishes.
You might have swung the dish too far left, and the 119 LNB is really seeing the 110. Try bringing the dish back to the right about 9 degrees.

You might have swung the dish too far left, and the 119 LNB is really seeing the 110. Try bringing the dish back to the right about 9 degrees.

good suggestion, I will start by getting the 110 back.
elevation, angle and azimuth for my area code are: 210 46 121

Thanks
Dennis

Update - after some time on the roof I have 119 and 129, no 110. However, I also found a bad cable, it has a 18 inch split in the cover -

I will replace the cable before trying to zero in on 110.

Final update. I replaced the cable, and re-aligned the dish and now have a much better signal then I had after the original install.

Thank you for the hand holding

Merry Christmas

good suggestion, I will start by getting the 110 back.
elevation, angle and azimuth for my area code are: 210 46 121

Thanks
Dennis
double check that..
I just looked on my receiver..
Zip 76502 for dish 500 is AZ 204 degrees /EL 49 degrees and skew 115...

Update - after some time on the roof I have 119 and 129, no 110. However, I also found a bad cable, it has a 18 inch split in the cover -

I will replace the cable before trying to zero in on 110.
Oh crap..I made a mistake..sorry..I failed to notice you have dish 1000..disregard the numbers i gave you..
Ok...here's wht to do.
First use a level to make sure the mast is plumb
Then, make your adjustments on the 119 lnb..Hopefully you have a meter..If not, open window and crank the volume with the point dish screen on the tv....
Anyway, get the best 119 signal possible....
Next, connect to the 129 lnb and fine tune.
I have found that this method works best..Good luck...Oh BTW, this method will get you the 110 just fine.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts