Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DishStore.NET has just received a large shipment of 411's (see the photos below) and they are now available at the DishStore.NET Website!

The 411 is the replacement for the 811 receiver and features the long awaited MPEG4 technology!

I was lucky to be able to use one of these while they were being beta tested, and was happy with its 942 like interface!

If you have been waiting for MPEG4 technology now is the time to get it.

Here are some photos of the new MPEG4 Dish 411 receiver.

Updated with more pictures and "Quck Facts" not only only on the 411 but the upcoming ViP211.

Attachments

• 411_1.jpg
    411_1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 411_2.jpg
    411_2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 926
  • 411_3.jpg
    411_3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 717
  • 411_4.jpg
    411_4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 411_5.jpg
    411_5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 983
  • 411_6.jpg
    411_6.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 954
  • 411_Photo.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 562
  • 411 Quick Facts.pdf
    261.4 KB · Views: 974
  • ViP211_Picture.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 654
  • ViP211 Quick Facts.pdf
    86 KB · Views: 1,073
Last edited:
I would give anything if Dish would give us a definite about if the new HD channels (HD locals/Voom/ESPN2) will be MPEG2 or MPEG4 before Christmas. I was planning on getting a 942 for Christmas but now after seeing the last Charlie Chat I don't know. I would hate to get the 942 and turn around and have to upgrade again in a few months.

We are not getting clear information, and unfortunately that is HURTING Dish Networks business.

I wish they would give us their EXACT plans now, they are hurting themselves by not doing so. And this is the time of the year where this information matters the most.

Scott, as always you and the others on this site get the best info, Thanks.

But I do not think Dish will ever have "exact" plans, only current plans subject to change at anytime. I remember the big plans for "super dish" and recently "turbo" plans. I believe that the best we can hope for is current info, which is better than no info.

Scott, that is exactly what I've been saying. Why don't they let people know there plans. In the mean time there are people switching to Directv by the hundreds because they are letting there customers know what is going on and they have told them there plans about the HD locals and a MPEG 4 HD DVR.

I'm thinking about going with the 411 but is their really any benfit with the 211 Ethernet port?? If not I will probally go with the 411 and if my local retailer does not have any in stock I will probally order from the DishStore.

these pics confirm it is IR only. No UHF antenna port, no UHF identification on remote. And this is to replace the 811? :mad:

The first post has been updated with detailed photos and "Quick facts" sheets on not only the 411 but the upcoming ViP211. :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just another update, this receiver does not come with any cables, just the receiver, the remote, batteries, a channel card and a manual.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just another update, this receiver does not come with any cables, just the receiver, the remote, batteries, a channel card and a manual.

WOW kinda skimpy. You'd think they at least would throw in an Svideo cable or a RCA cable. (suprised they included batteries) :)

Why in the world is Dish Network getting $ 369 for a new receiver when DirecTV is getting $ 199 for new MPEG4 receivers plus they give you a $ 200 rebate on the first receiver. E* has to be out of their mind. If I had to pay $ 369 just to get their new channels I would just go to DirecTV get the first receiver free, and pay only $ 199 for a second receiver. Believe me, at some point DirecTV will add more national HD channels, too.
In my situation I lease my two 811's. If they do not have some kind of free or near free upgrade I will pack my Dish bags and take the DirecTV deal. I will not pay Charlie's extortion to get his new channels. By putting the new channels in MPEG4 it will be pure extortion to get more out of the customers through equipment costs. They will either have a free upgrade, or I would advise everyone to take advantage of the DirecTV offer. They will offer 150 nationals (obviously if available) by 2007. This is just Charlie trying to squeeze more money out of us. :mad:

i currently own 2 811s. if i have this right, upgrading them to the 411 will only additionally get me my hd locals (NYC). all other channels (including the 5 new voom channels) are mpeg2. right? am i missing something here?

Remember these receivers are meant more for new customers, but if you want to upgrade now you are being given that option.

Limiting the number of saved episodes??

Merge 110, 119, 61.5 using DP34 -- A question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)