Dish 500 110 or 119 but not both at the same time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tridgley

Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
I have my old Dish 500 in my shop and am having the following problems. Strong signal on both 110 &119. Switch checks good. Signal strength is around 100 on both. If both connected to the SW21 switch I do not receive any 110 programing and some 119 programing. I just get the lost signal message. If I disconnect the 110, power off the 501 receiver and reset. The switch shows the 119 and I get all 119 programing. Vice versa if I connect the 110 only. If I power off, reconnect the 110 to the switch and reset the receiver, they are both recognized and show strong signal strength but I again do not have any 110 programing and the loss of some 119. I have changed the sw21 switch but have the same problem. This system was in good working order and was kept when I upgraded to a Dish 1000, so I know that it used to work just fine. It has been doing this for over a year but since it is in my shop I have just dealt with it by just using the 119 only, but since I am paying for an extra receiver each month I would like to have it running correctly. The dish has two dual lnb's and I am just connected to one side on each lnb. Any help would be appreciated.

Since you already replaced the SW21, it's either your cables or the satellite tuner on the receiver. Can you replace the cables? or at least the one that goes from the SW21 to the receiver.

If you have another receiver, try it at this location? This will help you see if it's the receiver. You will need to clear the switch matrix first since you're moving from Dish Pro to Legacy.

To clear the switch matrix:
Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch. Connect the satellite feed back and run check switch.

It's also possible that the LNBs or one of them is failing but I doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)