Dish 500 DPP issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fa1107

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Trying to connect a Dish 500 DPP to a DP311 receiver. Can only get 110 and 119 odd. What am I missing?

What more do you want? A two LNBF dish can receive from two satellites. Getting 119 and 110 is what the DPP 500 is for.

What more do you want? A two LNBF dish can receive from two satellites. Getting 119 and 110 is what the DPP 500 is for.

Read a bit closer there, skippy. He specifically said "odd". Meaning he's only getting odd transponders, no even transponders. This points to any number of things, and I will need more information from OP to give any solid advice. Age of system? This a new receiver or an old one? Was it a self install, or professional? Are there any other receivers in the system, if so are they all working?

If it was a Legacy LNB it would be a voltage problem with DPP plus it is probably a problem in the receiver. Did you run a check switch on the receiver?

My bet is still the cable, I've seen it before where I've changed everything else except for the cable and the problem was still the same until I changed the cable.

Thanks for the support. DP311 receiver is 5 years old and is installed in my motor coach. Only receiver in the unit. Works off a KVH roof sat just fine and has also been working on an older Dish 500 twin LNB (on a tripod) with two seperate leads through an SW21 switch. I picked up this DPP Dish that was used in an home installation and worked there. Just wanted to upgrade to a newer dish and eliminate the external SW21 switch. I understand the issues of cables, connectots, etc. Could it be software?

Thanks for the support. DP311 receiver is 5 years old and is installed in my motor coach. Only receiver in the unit. Works off a KVH roof sat just fine and has also been working on an older Dish 500 twin LNB (on a tripod) with two seperate leads through an SW21 switch. I picked up this DPP Dish that was used in an home installation and worked there. Just wanted to upgrade to a newer dish and eliminate the external SW21 switch. I understand the issues of cables, connectots, etc. Could it be software?
You need to run a check switch menu 6-1-1. The receiver is set up for LEGACY electronics you are wanting to use DISH PRO Technology. The check switch tells the receiver what it is connected to and how to operate correctly.

Receiver identifies the switch as a dp twin. Cable checks out on the old dish 500. Check switch
only shows a screen odd

Receiver identifies the switch as a dp twin.
There's your sign.

If you know it to be a DPP Twin and it is showing as a DP Twin, you've discovered where the problem lies. If you mistyped or otherwise misled us about what kind of LNB you have, that's an entirely different issue. You aren't trying to use a separator with a DP Twin, are you?

Is this a new LNB or something you acquired second hand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts