Dish 500 for 121 sat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

klgould

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
With the help of this board, I was able to install my Dish 500 so that I could receive Chinese programming off of sat 61.5 last August. Everything is still working great. Now, Dish is offering even more Chinese stations through their "Great Wall" package for the exact same price! Great news, but these additional stations (as well as the three stations that I'm currently receiving off of 61.5) are on Sat 121. So, my question is: assuming no line of site issues, can I simply rotate my Dish 500 over to Sat 121 and expect to receive from Sat 121? I ask because the Dish web site insists that I have to have a SuperDish. I have only a single receiver in my setup and am using only one of the two legacy LNBs (non-DishPro) on my Dish 500. Obviously, if I can receive from Sat 121, I will have no need to point to 61.5 anymore.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot use your dish 500 to pickup 121 satellite. Call dishnetwork and have them upgrade you to a superdish.

nope. You need at least a 30" dish and a different lnb. Sicne you have one receievr, you would need a 30" dish, KU LNB and a SW21 to tie the existing dish 500 together and the 121. Since you have a dish at 61.5, you already have the switch.

Hit up www.psbsatellite.com Pete is on this board and can help you out with the dish & LNB :)

maddawg said:
You cannot use your dish 500 to pickup 121 satellite. Call dishnetwork and have them upgrade you to a superdish.

they'll require him to commit to a year and charge him 24.95 to deliver it.

Get a separate 30" dish...since he already has 2 dishes, its not a big deal :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts