This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish 500 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

citation

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I recently installed a Fortec Star dish and had to disconnect my older Dish 500 one. I connected my Fortec Star using the Dish Network Switch and ran a cable from the Fortec receiver "loop" to the Dish 500 receiver. The Fortec works fine, but I am only getting signal on the 110 W but not the 119W (and it is not being detected at all). I ran a direct connection from the satellite to my Dish 500 receiver, but I am having the same issue. I am getting a super strong signal on the 110 W, but nothing on the 119 and it' snot detected.

I called Dish support; and I got some customer service reps who know this stuff as much as I do or less reading back to me from their manuals.

Any idea to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Like I said in your other post on this, the receiver can't talk to the lnb's that way. You must connect the receiver to the switch as the loopthrough is NOT just a piece of wire. It is buffered and will not pass the receivers information to the lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.