Dish 500 Install - Need Some Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coozieman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Tonawanda NY
I installed my Dish 500 and 322 ( weekend cabin - carrying the 433 back n forth with me) - set up the elevation (28) Skew (122) and Azimuth (236 - which I did by GPS) but was able to only successfuly lock into a Spanish Satellite satellite.

Any suggestions from anyone? Would buying a Satellite Finder make this job much easier?

Thanks.

Make sure that the skew and elevation is correct for your location amd that the pole is perfectly plumb.

Release the clamp bolts on the mast, but not too loose.

Use the signal meter on the screen. Swing the azmuth until you get the highest signal for transponder 11 at the 119 satellite position.

Lock the bolts, and you should be fine.

Also move the dish very slowly, pausing about 5-seconds after each small adjustment. There is a significant lag between the time the receiver begins receiving the signal and locks on and registers the fact. If you move too quickly it's easy to pass right by the correct adjustment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts