Dish 500 Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cobe98

Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Hello All,

I recently moved into a new apartment and have had difficulty will realignment. I have two dishes (a single lnb dish) and a dish 500 dual.

I have managed to get great signal for the single dish (around 95% for 148) for all transponders. however I experience several issues with the dish 500. These include
- receiving 105% on 119 but the word "transponder" changes to spotbeam
- receiving 90% on transponder 8
- receiving 0% on the rest
- receiving 90% on 110 transponder 11.

I have tried changing cables, azimuth, elevation and this is the best I can get. I know the dish 500 channel works because I can see 148 with every transponder. I would appreciate any suggestions?

Regards,

Cobe.

run a check switch with all the values you currently have. If it says you are good then happy viewing.

You MUST use transponders higher than 10 for 110 & 119. Also, not all transponders will appear on either satellite.

The "standard" generally used for signal strength comparisons is TPs 11 & 12 - you need one odd and one even tranponder to confirm proper installation.

So, all that being said, you say you get 105 (it's NOT percent) on 119 - but you don't say which transponder.

You also don't mention the skew setting. If you haven't moved very far from where it was originally professionally installed, that's not an issue, tho. Having the dish mast being ABSOLUTELY plumb IS very important, tho. If it's not, then your aiming/peaking situation gets more difficult.

Thanks for your advice, basically I did receive a signal strength of 105 on 119 Transponder 1 which changes into Spotbeam 1.

The skew setting is set to 81 and it is the same zip code that I moved to. Also I did do a check switch to no avail.

Regards,

Cobe.

Thanks for your advice, basically I did receive a signal strength of 105 on 119 Transponder 1 which changes into Spotbeam 1.

Transponder 1 is a Spotbeam which is used to broadcast locals to your region. As SimpleSimon said, change to 11 or 12 and see what the signal level is there.

Also I did do a check switch to no avail.

It must have told you something, which sats you are getting, odd, even, or all transponders, switch info. What did the screen say after you ran the check switch. Any info will help solve the problem. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)