Dish 500 LNB for 61.5 & 72?

Use the DishPointer tab at the top of the page for the proper elevation/skew/azimuth settings.

Dish 500 will work fine.
Adjust skew for eastern arc and use DPP lnb.
Strength meter will be about 10 points lower because reflector
is smaller and lnb spread is 9 degrees, not 11...but it will work.

Skew to 90, then just set the Elevation to say 42 for 61.5 and if you want 72.7 it needs to be 46 but make sure your mount is plumb or you may hit one to the other by accident while your adjusting.

Skew to 90, then just set the Elevation to say 42 for 61.5 and if you want 72.7 it needs to be 46 but make sure your mount is plumb or you may hit one to the other by accident while your adjusting.

90 skew is wrong for your location if you want to receive signal from both sats. Dishpointer will help find the skew. It should be around 72-75 for Georgia. A setting at 90 will only get you on one of the sats. I believe you wanted to hit both with D500. :eek:

Hi, yes it can be made to work but you will be splitting the signal between the two satellites because the LNB was designed for 9 degree spread. Another option if you had a Dish 500 with dual LNB on 110/119 and a wing on 61.5 would be to point the dual at 72 using one side of the LNB and the other pointing at air and then use the built in switch to connect with the dish that's on 61.5. Hope this helps, DC

we need someone to make a new "Y" yoke with a 11 degree spread.:)

Hi, funny you mention that as I had thought of using two yokes and splitting them down the middle with a hack saw then using a spacer on the side and a hose clamp to stick in all back together. Two Dish Pro LNBs would then be used with a switch. More trouble then it is worth but fun to think about.

Later, DC

This does work, but not super well. It made my Dish really sensitive to rain & snow, so I installed a EA Dish & it works beautifully!

So I have a EA Dish for 61.5 & 72 & then my DIsh 500 for 110 / 119. I need 110 for Locals, but I don't need the 119 anymore.

I am keeping the 119 for now, hoping they'll HD launch my locals on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)