Dish 500 local no 2nd dish required

hiatthome

Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
I just heard that a new satellite went up and should be active within a few days giving local channels on Dish 500's. I used to have two dishes, one for local, now I understand I will only need 1 dish and get the same channels. I recently spent a lot of money on buying a superdish to get locals but haven't been able to get it to work so now I guess I can go back to my 500...

Where are you located?

I'm in the NYC area and just read somewhere that the NYC locals are moving off of 61.5 to 119 (or 110, can't remember which). I'm wondering if this means that NYC subscribers no longer need a separate 61.5 dish or if Voom or other HD stations would still be on 61.5.

=NLK=

nlk10010 said:
Where are you located?

I'm in the NYC area and just read somewhere that the NYC locals are moving off of 61.5 to 119 (or 110, can't remember which). I'm wondering if this means that NYC subscribers no longer need a separate 61.5 dish or if Voom or other HD stations would still be on 61.5.

=NLK=

NY dma locals were moved last week, they are now split between 119 & 110. Voom, ESPN2HD, Universal HD and the NY HD locals are still on 61.5.

garys said:
NY dma locals were moved last week, they are now split between 119 & 110. Voom, ESPN2HD, Universal HD and the NY HD locals are still on 61.5.

Thank You.

I was sort of hoping this was a sign to finally push me to switch from D* to E*.

I see I'll have to do some additional investigation/evaluation and exercise my judgment. Bummer. :)

=NLK=

I'm in Cambridge, Nebraska... I don't know where else this will effect but I assume it'll make a difference everywhere.

Grand Island locals?

yes they are moving locals off 105/121 SD to 110. Also, they are moving the channels on "wings" to 110 to comply with the one dish rule. All locals need to be on one dish (doesnt have to be on same dish as main programming)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts