DISH 500 mast vs. DISH 1000+ mast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blacker1

Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Can I replace my DISH 500 with the DISH 1000+ without changing the mast? I have the mast foot hardware for the 500 bolted into the attic with the nuts in a very tight space. I would hope the mast and footprint are the same on the 1000+. Sure don't want to drill any extra holes either.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm out in (D*s) left field. :D

The Dish 1000 is a little larger than the Dish 500.
The Dish 1000+/500+ is almost the size of the SuperDish 121/105, thefore....

Although the + dishes use a 1 5/8" mast, the mast is longer so that the larger dish pan has room to be adjusted; and also has struts to help keep it stable with its higher wind surface.

So the answer is - maybe.

If there is not enough room, maybe you can leave the foot, and just replace the mast. Then you should also consider mounting the 2 struts.

Here's the best link I can find right now, other than the tech specs from Dish.
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=286

I had the 500 and went to the 1000 plus and is alot bigger and had to change the whole thing out and put it on the roof instead of the side of the house.You wouldn't believe how much bigger it is.I believe you will have to change it out but some tech probably might agree or disagree.

The 500+ mast is reinforced, a 500 mast will probably eventually lead to failure, especially if it will not be wind protected.

It can work, but your better off replacing.

Struts are neccessary, it's a heavy dish/lnbf assembley.

If it goes on the roof at last ditch option, make sure the center of the mast and struts are in a raftor.

Personally you wouldn't see one on my roof/fascia. It would be into a brick wall if I had the option, low to the ground.

Is the 500 mast foot the same as the 1000+ mast foot? If so, I will leave the foot and replace everything up including the support struts.

It may work. But you should DEFINITELY put the strut kit on it if you reuse the 500 mast. I would recommend using the strut kit even if you use the 1000+ mast. The newer mast is a little sturdier.

The Dish 1000+ is really, really heavy. So heavy, in fact, it is hard to support while trying to peak the signals. Best to use the stronger mast and mounting foot. I did not, but if I had to do it over I would.

It may work. But you should DEFINITELY put the strut kit on it if you reuse the 500 mast. I would recommend using the strut kit even if you use the 1000+ mast. The newer mast is a little sturdier.

Oh trust me....it DOES work with a D500 mast. But, as you stated I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that without at least using the strut mounts.

To answer his question on the FOOT and not the MAST; and I would like to know also.:)

Is the "Dish 500 Foot" and the "Dish + Foot" identical?

If not, is the "+ Foot" only thicker, but otherwise is the same size with same hole layout?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)