Dish 500 not locking 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pequaywan

Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
MN
I have a Dish 500 with an older 311 receiver at my cabin. It has been working fine for the past few years until I recentlly moved it to a sturdier setup (from a tree to a pole concreted into the ground). I have about 70% signal strength on both 119 and 110. 119 will lock, but when I try to lock 110 it says on the bottom "not locked sat 129"??? I have tried another LNB and got the same results. Football season has begun and I am missing my local chanels so panic has set in. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You've pointed the dish in the wrong direction (there are 359 wrong directions and one right one) ;).

Your pointing at 119W and 129W when you want to be pointed at 110W and 119W.

You need to rotate the dish east a few degrees and maybe tip it up somewhat.

I've got it at 207 degrees and about 34 elevation based on the "dish pointer" info the box gave me. I guess I didn't mess with it since I had such strong numbers on both sats. I will try moving it to the east and up and see if I can get this figured out. Thanks for the quick response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)