Dish 500 Or Dish 1000?

Signal strength seems to be stronger on the 500 over the 1000. If you are in the footprint of the spotbeam the signal should be stronger than national transponders with either dish. If you are trying to pickup a spotbeam from the edge of it's signal area try a 2' or 3' dish.

The Dish 1000 is for picking up a 3rd satellite location. All of your local channels are on 110' or 119', so a Dish 500 is all you need.

i am on the edge of two spot beams and currently have a dish 1000 and am getting 45-55% signal strength locked. i have a spare dish 500 i would like to try to get a higher signal strength, no need to get the 129 signal, so you think the 500 would help. thanks again, pajer

If you have (2) Dish 500s, point one at 110' and one at 119'. In theory, you should be able to get 120-125 on BOTH. One dish, aimed at multiple satellites, has to trade off strength...

hall said:
If you have (2) Dish 500s, point one at 110' and one at 119'. In theory, you should be able to get 120-125 on BOTH. One dish, aimed at multiple satellites, has to trade off strength...
He should be able to set the 1000 for 119 no skew and maximize signal seeing 119 is the center of that dish. Aim the 500 at 110 and peak that without skew then combine the signal through a DP34.:)

I have a tech coming out in about a week to re-peak my signals because all I am getting on the 129 is 40's to low 50's. I am thinking about calling them to tell the tech to bring a extra dish with him so I can re-point 129 to 61.5 to increase my signals. This will be the 3rd time out for them. It seems they can't get a better signal so instead of them coming out every 2 weeks it would be better to just put up a second dish. My question is, do they just move the 129 LNB to the second dish and just run the coax to it, or do they have to put in a switch? Also the channels that are on 129 I have heard they are mirrored on 61.5 so I wouldn't be losing any of them, I am in the Sac-Stockton DMA-95255. Thanks

Looking out the window at a 3rd story setup across the lawn, it looks like the 129 LNBF was removed off the W-Bracket and put on another dish right below the 1000, with the cable just extended up to the DP Plus Twin.

Is one or more of your locals, particularly HD locals on 129, like maybe KQCA DT (WB) in Sacramento, CA - Channel 6399?
If so, you will probably not find it on 61.5.

Not sure if KQCA is on 129. I tried to get on www.dishchannelchart.com but my access at work is limited and they consider that site undisirable! That particular channel is not one I ever watch and probably could pick it up OTA if needed. I have pretty good OTA on most of the main stations. I was mostly wondering if you can request Dish to instruct the tech to bring the proper equipment with them so there would be no delay in correcting the problem. I know CSR told me only the tech could make that decision but if they had the stuff with them it would save alot of time and frustration, mostly on their part when they have to come out every 2 weeks. I love the 90 day warranties! My biggest regret is when I had the 1000 installed the tech took my 500 dish with him because he said I would never need it. I probably could have done the work myself if I had kept it. Thanks

shodobe said:
I have a tech coming out in about a week to re-peak my signals because all I am getting on the 129 is 40's to low 50's. I am thinking about calling them to tell the tech to bring a extra dish with him so I can re-point 129 to 61.5 to increase my signals. This will be the 3rd time out for them. It seems they can't get a better signal so instead of them coming out every 2 weeks it would be better to just put up a second dish. My question is, do they just move the 129 LNB to the second dish and just run the coax to it, or do they have to put in a switch? Also the channels that are on 129 I have heard they are mirrored on 61.5 so I wouldn't be losing any of them, I am in the Sac-Stockton DMA-95255. Thanks

The 1000 has a built in DPP32 switch so all they will do is move the lnb to the 500 and hook it up the same way with a longer cord.

shodobe said:

The 1000 has a built in DPP32 switch so all they will do is move the lnb to the 500 and hook it up the same way with a longer cord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)