Dish 500 Plus

Found 110! The antenna's pan had lost its concave shape somewhat when it blew over. Being proactive I had the wife buy a new Dish 500 antenna. Holding the new antenna's pan next to the old antenna, I couldn't see any difference. However, when placed face down on a flat surface, the new laid flat, the old had about 1" wobble from side to side. I worked with the old pan and removed most of the wobble. The pan itself is not very thick, not like a Wingard antenna, which is more robust. I don't know if Wingard has a Dish 500 antenna on the market, but that's what RV's need.

I had another issue after I ran "Check Switch" with the cable disconnected. After hookup, I received Error 502 and it would not let me go to the point dish screen. After another "Check Switch", the satellites were in the correct ports, but only had "odd" on 119. The last channel the tuner on, was off transponder 6 on 119 and would not received channel 205. I peaked the dish on 119 and then was able to receive all the even transponders from 119. I don't know why I received this error, but all's well now.

Thanks for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)