Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Hello,

Here is my problem

I have a Dish 500 PRo system

1: Dish with dual LNB built in switch

2: One DVR 508

3: One DVR 501

I have it in two rooms in my house, lets say front and back.

I will try to explain the issue.

508 in the Front ( Check switch Input 1 119 polarity ALL and device = twin same for input 2 but its 110) So looks good right?

508 in the back ( ( Check switch Input 1 119 polarity ALL and device = twin same for input 2 but its 110) So looks good right?

Now for the issue

501 in the front ( ( Check switch Input 1 119 polarity ALL and device = twin same for input 2 but its 110) So looks good right?

but here is the kicker

501 in the back ( ( Check switch Input 1 119 polarity ODD and device = twin input 2 but its 110 polarity ODD and device = twin) so no even polarity

so for some reason in the back the 501 unit will only show odd polarity and I cannot view many channles.

So I hear you say well just switch them around but I cannot do that for other reasons.

Here is what I have changed.

I installed a new Dish500 PRO Dual LNB I replaced the cable from dish to the back.

The funny thing is my 508 works great in the back but the 501 does not yet the 501 work great in the front although it does from time ot time lose signal for a second.

I purchased the 501 and I have had it replaced already but i still feel its the unit it self but if it were why does it work in the front and not in the back?

The cable lenght in the back is a little longer than the front but its still less than 70 feet

Any ideas, im really lost

please help

Thanks
Nick

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US

The problems seem to point to the 501. I'm not sure there's much left for you to swap out. The cable length certainly isn't excessive.

A pointer on terminology - a dual LNB does not have a switch though is often connected to one. What you have, as reported by the check switch summary, is a Twin. Does the screen show Twin or DishPro Twin?

Yeah - run your Check Switch (don't just go to the screen - actually run the test) to make sure you're setup right.

Failing that fix, what kind of cable/connectors are involved? Maybe the 501's tuner is weaker than the 508's and you're just on the margin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)